My best friend just told me she's pregnant...

Kay Kay

Reaction score
...and I'm okay :) Totally excited and over the moon for her! Have been bracing myself for this moment for a while. Can't explain how relieved I am that I'm not upset...I know that sounds like a weird thing to say cos obviously it's fab news. But with past experience of friend's pregnancies I've been a bubbling mess (at home, with OH). I think it's cos we are so close and have known each other for so long it's different to other mates. I'm sure at some point I'll have a cry for myself but happy at the mo. Oh how I hope Feb is my month so we can go through this together....not putting too much hope on that though lol! But would be awesome :roll:

Pointless thread just had to get it out! Got a weekend away with OH starting tonight and looking forward to that, lots of sexy time haha and relaxation, bliss. And yummy food and wine :dance:

Hope you're all having a good weekend xxxx

ps - maybe baby are you still on cloud 9???? xxx

I was exactly the same when my best friend told me she was pregnant. It is somehow different isnt it. Hope you have a great time away!

been there too, in literally 60 seconds i went from ecstatic and excited to crying and petrified it was not gonna happen for me.

i cried and cried and the next day i was back to normal and when we met up i literlly skipped over to her and was jumping on the spot and gave her a hug.

this is going to be good i promise, the excitment, being involved, it will be great. my friend is about 8 weeks - not confirmed yet as not had scan - and i would love if i caught in the next few cycles too so we coudl go through it together - IT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!

enjoy your weekend hun and enjoy all you have planned x

Im just the same my best friend is 18wks now and im so pleased for her but cant help thinking hurry up bfp as i want to go through it at the same time as her lol.

Michelle. x

I know just how you feel Kay, when one of my bf's told me she was preggo a couple years ago I surprised myself and felt really happy for her, even when she dragged me to mothercare full of pregnant ladies!!

The only thing that got me through was knowing that it happens to everyone do there is no reason why it can't happen to me! At the time I wasn't ttc as I was single but was brooding soooo badly :(

Gods for you luvvy, and hope you have a great weekend!

Been there and i was happy, but i did also have a bit of a wobble before returning to happiness :)

Have a lovely time away xx

Thanks ladies, I do have an underlying feeling of 'why not me' but that feeling is kinda always there and never really goes away tbh so I can't blame that on my friend! The main thing is I'm gonna be an auntie again! And I want to be there for my friend cos she is like a sister to me. Wow it's still sinking in...

Don't be surprised if I post a thread in a few days of me in despair though! Emotions are funny things and I am at their mercy! xxx

Really glad you are chuffed for her. I haven't had any close friends get preggers yet so don't know how it feels, but I can imagine it's a mixture of emotions. Has she been TTC for long? xxx

Really glad you are chuffed for her. I haven't had any close friends get preggers yet so don't know how it feels, but I can imagine it's a mixture of emotions. Has she been TTC for long? xxx

No she has only been off the pill a few months and was NTNP. Just glad she hasn't had to go through any of the crap we've had to go through. Y'know there are times I feel like the universe is telling me I'm not meant to be a mum...other times I feel positive it will happen. At the end of the day it's up to mother nature. I just have to try to forget the last 2 years of heartache and keep on trying :eh: x

No she has only been off the pill a few months and was NTNP. Just glad she hasn't had to go through any of the crap we've had to go through. Y'know there are times I feel like the universe is telling me I'm not meant to be a mum...other times I feel positive it will happen. At the end of the day it's up to mother nature. I just have to try to forget the last 2 years of heartache and keep on trying :eh: x

thats the spirit kay kay, im trying to do the same too, xxxx

Morning lovely, I am so pleased you are feeling good. I think it is really selfless and I am proud! You should by now be enjoying a well deserved night away with hubby. Have fun! I think you will be like me with my sister in law really excited to see your friend go through this. Obviously there may be a few down days but they will outweight the happiness and excitement you will feel. Well done. Right I am off the mother of all baby showers and surprisingly I am looking forward to it! Have fun lovely. I will pm you later xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back