My baby's face at growth scan (and a bit of a rant - sorry!)

kaybee

Reaction score
I know i had this last week but it's taken me this long to get sorted...

Scan went well, baby is head down with back against my belly. Sonographer was getting a bit frustrated (but still friendly :) ) because baby wouldn't keep still enough for her to check everything easily! Got there in the end, and while a couple of measurements are a week or so behind they were still within 'normal' range so we're all happy.

Saw consultant after, and asked if, because of a blood-clotting problem they picked up on, would it still be OK for me to use the birthing pool - I'm very keen on this. And she (very patronizingly, might I add) said no, as I will be under consultant-led care and the birthing pool is only for use by people with 'normal' pregnancies under mid-wife led care. :evil: I didn't know I was under consultant led-care (though had an inkling as I always see one whenever I have a scan, but as far as I knew, everyone did). To be honest, my pregnancy has been 'normal' - this blood thing is only something I was checked for because my mum had a post-op DVT years ago, and hasn't affected me directly as such, and is really quite common but not many people are screened for it, but hey ho.

Have also got to see an anaesthetist in 3 weeks - was told by one doc it's becasue of the blood thing, and by another doc that it's because of a recurring slipped disc I have and how it may cause problems if I need an epidural or a spinal. So I feel like my pain relief options are slowly being crossed off and before long I'll just be left with gas and air!

Let's hope the natal hypnotherapy works...

Anyway, here's a wee pic of baby's face (you'll have to turn your head to the right to see it properly!)

32wk.jpg

oh wow what a brilliant scan pic! Good luck with everything else xxx

the pics are lush hun!!!

hope everything else goes to plan hun good luck :hug:

Great scan pic. In regards to your birthing issues I would seek a second opinion from another consultant at the hospital. You can sometimes find one will allow you something another wouldn't. Also make an app to see your midwife & see f she will be able to do anything. I wish you all the best luck. xx

Summer. said:
Great scan pic. In regards to your birthing issues I would seek a second opinion from another consultant at the hospital. You can sometimes find one will allow you something another wouldn't. Also make an app to see your midwife & see f she will be able to do anything. I wish you all the best luck. xx

Good idea - I'll ask whoever I see at my next appointment (it's never the same doc twice!). Failing that I'll ask/beg/scream* when I'm actually at the hospital in labour :D

*Depending on how much pain I'm in :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back