My baby list... am i missing anything?

lozzi

Reaction score
I decided this morning to pull my finger out and do a list of stuff i need for buba, coz im sooo unorganised the rate i was going id be at 40 weeks with a cute pair of baby shoes and nothing else hahah

so here is my list(s), if anyone can see anything ive missed, or need more of etc pleaseeee tlel me, thanks in advance...

Baby bedroom furniture

Moses basket and stand
Cot
Baby changing unit
Set of drawers
Baby bath
Baby bouncer
Cot mobile
Baby monitor
Changing mat
Growbag (sleeping bag thingy)
Cot linen
Baby first aid kit and thermometer
baby mat and playgym
Baby bath and room temperature thingy

Babys "first clothes" and other bits

Nappys
Nappy bags
Baby wipes
Sudocrem
2 cardigans
2 coats
7 scratch mits
7 socks
7 baby vests
7 sleep suits/full length babygrow things
3 baby hooded towels

Travel items

Pram
parasol
raincover
car seat
car window sun visors
changing bag
baby sling
thermal milk bag
foot muff
pram blankets

Feeding equipment

Breast pump
Mircrowave steriliser
Bottle brush
8 bottles
muslim squares
bibs
breastfeeding bra
nipple cream etc

*deep breath*

im planning on breastfeeding but i got the bottles just incase... and also the clothes may seem sparse, but its the basics im on about, outfits will be from family and me being naughty after the list..

what do you think?[/b][/u]

I tihnk you're about covered! Maybe i am being blind but did you have blankets on the list? Sorry if they are!! One of those days!

lol there on my paper copy. just added them to this list, thanks hunny x

I dont think all of those items are essentials but it depends whether you wanna get everything there is out there for baby straight away or whether you wanna get the main things first e.g. you probably wont need a parasol in January lol.

I have made an Essential List and a Non-Essential list so I dont get carried away and buy things that are not top priority..im a bit like that!!

My Essential List contains things like bath, car seat, moses basket etc and my Non Essential List contains things like a parasol (which il buy nearer the spring/summer), changing station etc.

Just helps you to get those main things first then with whatever free dosh you got you can go out and splurge on those things that aint so essential.

Also I have been told you probably need 2 nursing bras because otherwise you will be forever washing if you just get one.

So are you all mostly planning on breastfeeding then?

the pram im looking at gettin comes with free parasol, raincover, cosytoes, changing bag, etc so its not essential but not costing either so i cant complain... :D

i cant wait to find out teh sex, coz i have my unisex pram option and my girly pram option, dont worry its not illumious pink or anythin dodgy :p

You want a wee girl so much dont you Lozzi!!

Im praying its a PINK one tomorrow, il whoop for joy for you! :D

im gonna give it a go, it seems easier to me, and also its supposed to help shed the baby lb's so its DEFO worth a go... even if i only manage a couple of days, at least ive given the baby the collestrum (sp?) so the best start in life..

tbh ill be sooo happy with either, just to hear the sonographer say its all healthy looking will make my day, but i think if she says cheeseburger instead of hotdog, ill be a tiny bit more excited for the shopping experience.

so long as its healthy tho thats all that matters :D

I think if your gut has been telling you girl like you says it has, you will get your 'cheeseburger' and a fun shopping experience!!

you'll kno if its a girl, i wont be on the forum for days :D haha

I'm getting excited for you Lozzi, i really hope you do get your little girl hun! :hug:

................and a cuddly toy :lol:

How exciting eh?!?!

Oooh Lozzi, I can't wait to find out what you are having tomorrow! It's so exciting!

p.s> I am going to steal your list and start buying! It's looks good to me!

pink dust for you lozzi!!!!

you fogot bath on your list (i think)

hi lozzi,

i would hold out on spending lots of money on a breast pump just yet. apparently you wouldnt express through one of these til the baby is a few weeks old, in case he won't go back to the breast.

it could also be you wont be able to continue breastfeeding, so its better to wait and see.

good to see your so organized though! wow my baby doesnt even have anywhere to sleep yet :shock:

izzyx

i'm just bumping this to the top cos im going shopping at cribbs causeway on monday and want some ideas!!! :cheer:

hey sarah, im looking at getting a hauck three wheeler jupiter 3 travel system... not sure yet

i also really like the graco mosaic jeanie pram...

not sure

I've taken your list and highlighted the bits which aren't essential for you (or things I found pointless) and added what else I got.

lozzijane said:
Baby bedroom furniture

Moses basket and stand
Cot
Baby changing unit (they grow out them very quick and going up and down stairs to change becomes boring!)
Set of drawers - A normal set will do if you really need them, not necessarily baby ones.
Baby bath
Baby bouncer
Cot mobile
Baby monitor
Changing mat
Growbag (sleeping bag thingy)
Cot linen
Baby first aid kit and thermometer
baby mat and playgym
Baby bath and room temperature thingy

Babys "first clothes" and other bits

Nappys
Nappy bags
Baby wipes
Sudocrem
Add cotton wool balls here, as baby will ned to have it's eyes and face cleaned with them every day to avoid gunky eyes
2 cardigans
2 coats I think you'll only need one, and I'd probably make it a snowsuit for the time of year babe will be born as their little legs will need to be kept warm too.
7 scratch mits
7 socks
7 baby vests
7 sleep suits/full length babygrow things
Add a little hat here for cold days to keep babes head warm if the snowsuit doesn't go down far enough
Add towels here too, hooded ones are good

Travel items

Pram
parasol
raincover
car seat
car window sun visors
changing bag
baby sling Not essential, Damien hated his till he was about 2 months old, but saying that I'll be getting a different on this time. The standard ones aren't that comfortable, so look at a good sling that one of the other girls can reccomend.
thermal milk bag
foot muff
pram blankets Cellular blankets the same you use in the moses/cot are fine to use :)

Feeding equipment

Breast pump
Mircrowave steriliser if you are planning on having 8 bottles, I would get a steam steriliser as you can generally fit 6 in there in one go, and when you're sleep deprived, waiting for a microwave steriliser can be very tedious.
Bottle brush Get a couple of different shapes, the origional one I got was good in my old bottles, but not so great in my new ones.
8 bottles
muslim squares get at least 25 of these, trust me!
bibs
breastfeeding bra
nipple cream etc

I think that's all I can think of for now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back