Shopping list

GBLiz

Reaction score
Can you girls help me out! The world of baby stuff is completely alien to me and i have no idea really what are essentials in the first 6 months...so far my list has:

nappies
clothes
car seat
carry cot
buggy
changing mat
baby sling

...Please add!!!!!!!!!

just get essential clothes and perhaps a few favorite outfits.. because people give you loads and i mean loads of gifts...loads of clothes.. 0-3 months usually..

we have 3 baby grows 3 vests 2 tops 3 trousers, a jacket and a snow suit.. (we dont know if its a boy or a girl) but u seriously dont need to go nuts.. people buy u so much..and 2 blankets

essentials..

cot
bouncer/swing
blankets
pram/pushchair/sling
carseat
steriliser/bottles

you might want to get
a moses basket/crib (hardly get used though)
a baby gym (could be a gift off someone)
cot mobile (again gift)
night light

cant be bothered to think of anymore right now.. head hurts

Mothercare have a checklist section to give you an idea of what you can get. Not all of it is actually needed, but you'll at least have all the possibles covered and can decide what will work for you.

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/node/n/42776041?ie=UTF8&mcb=core

You may prefer a sleep suit over blankets, or washable nappies over disposables... then a microwave steriliser over a plug in one. Have a read of the items and see what will fit in with your lifestyle and plans.

thanks...that doesnt seem too overwhelming, so theres not a million things i didnt realise about, phew

towels
breast pads
nappy creams, shampoos, washes etc
Baby Bath
cot bumper, coverlet, sheets
toys
changing mat

don't forget

big pants! (ones that you can throw away after)
Panty liners (the really thick ones!)
Nipple cream (if breast feeding)
Cotton wool
Small plastic pot (for water to change bum)
Little socks
Storage (for all your nappies and creams)
A bag for when out (ones with bottle holders ar cleaver, the more pockets the better!) if it will fit on your pushchair the even better)

Trust me you will have loads by the time the baby comes!

Toys-R-Us magazine has a sort of list too

I haven't even started :lol: I have some clothes but don't have the money to get the big things :(

as it happens, yesterday i had a midwife appointment (woo hoo!) and she gave me this emmas diary pregnancy booklet thing which is full of lists and useful info that i could have done with ages ago LOL

I've got that emmas diary thing too - completely forgot about it

There are lists everywhere :lol:

Just remember the toys r us and mothercare lists contain a lot of items you don't really need. I crossed off loads of stuff straight away :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back