MW Appt

dannii87

Reaction score
It was horrible :doh:

Firstly, I was waiting over an hour to be seen... :wall:

Then she confirmed Evie is NOT engaged :( She is facing my spine with her legs straddled like a frog either side...

Then after I asked about a sweep she said they don't do it for girls going to Bedford hospital :shakehead:

SO... Unless some sort of miracle happens, it looks as though I'm going to go the full 12 days overdue and have to be induced :cry: xxx

:hug: :hug: :hug:
poor you - i feel for you - my blood pressure has come down this week which means they are back to letting me go overdue the full 11 days or whatever it is - i cried.
have you been trying anything else? curries?

Hun try not to stress! Just because shes not engaged you can still go into labour!! The sweep doesnt work that often either! Only about 17% of women who have the sweep begin labour!
Its hard though isnt it!? Each day at the end feels like another year! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks ladies :hug: I feel under so much pressure because the girls at work have bets on about when she'll arrive (5 out of 7 of the dates have now passed :roll: ), I get "friends" and family members constantly asking me if I've popped yet... Last week she was engaged and now she's not... GRRR...

And now I can't have a sweep! I really don't want to be induced :(

Thanks Jills! I don't like curry at all :puke: I'd go for a mild one which wouldn't help in the slightest lol! I feel for you too, we can hide in the corner sobbing til our babies arrive together!! x

Have you thought about trying acupuncture or reflexology hun? Might be worth a shot? xx

Poor you :(

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

It seems a lot of babies engage just before labour though, so hopefully you won't be waiting too long for her to make an appearance. Do you know if you were late or early? All five of my mum's children were late so I fully expect my little one to keep me waiting too.

Do I remember right that Evie was back to back for a while (I've been away a bit)? Maybe she needed to unengage herself to get into a better position for labour.

I think you deserve some chocolate. Be nice to yourself today!

I know how you are feeling im under pressure too, mum is here for 2 weeks and is moaning shes hoping hes arrived, ive just had midwifes appointment and they dont have do sweeps here in Denmark, plus i´ve been having twinges and signs for the last week but she did say that was normal ´for someone on her 4th. Make the most of the last few weeks and she could engage anytime, the sweeps could just make you niggle also if your bodys not ready. sending you a hug :hug:

What?! They don't do sweeps on women going to a certain hospital?! That is crazy!!

What is with these girls causing problems? Aimee's head was engaged 3 times and kept popping back out again. :hug: I hope you don't go too far overdue hun!! :hug:

:hug: Sorry to hear your appointment wasn't the best hun, fingers crossed for you that little Evie will plan her exit soon!

Take care of yourself,

Sarah x

Hi hun, long time no chat - life gets a bit busier with a baby!

Please don't worry, engagement means diddly squat - on a MW appointment I had on Friday 11th July, Kayla had become disengaged. Because the MW was concerned about her size, they booked me in for a scan/meeting with consultant on Tuesday 15th. Well, she arrived on the Monday at 10.32pm! I was heartbroken when I was told she was no longer engaged, but it really means nothing. Also, for what it's worth, I had an hour's reflexology on the Saturday. Not saying it helped labour at all, but it was relaxing if nothing else.

Something to make you smile - my daughter shit all over your horrid midwife on her postnatal check. MW was not impressed at all and actually left the room without saying goodbye!!!

xx

I'm sorry you had a bad appointment hun :hug: :hug: Thats ridiculous that they don't do sweeps! I understand it must be so frustrating but just try and enjoy your last few weeks of pregnancy and keep yourself busy, Evie will come when she's ready, sod everyone else and their stupid bets! :hug: :hug:

Aww Dannii, I feel for you,but you never know, like some of the other ladies said, sometimes the LO's dont engage till right before labour, so it is just as likely that she could engage in the next couple of days and then things could start for you. You never know!!!

Try walking (if you can) its meant to help hun.

I hope you cheer up a bit - big hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:

Aww hun :hug: :hug: Jacob was never engaged before he was born. I guess Evie just wants to be a free spirit in there until she decides to come out. It will happen soon x

dannii87 said:
It was horrible :doh:

Firstly, I was waiting over an hour to be seen... :wall:

Then she confirmed Evie is NOT engaged :( She is facing my spine with her legs straddled like a frog either side...

Then after I asked about a sweep she said they don't do it for girls going to Bedford hospital :shakehead:

SO... Unless some sort of miracle happens, it looks as though I'm going to go the full 12 days overdue and have to be induced :cry: xxx

it's a shame i'm not at henlow anymore chick.
i'd have got DH to take us out drifting!! it worked with nichola.

well it sort of worked, it made my waters break so i had to be induced cos i didn't get any contractions.

Evie will be here soon though chick! just keep saying that to yourself thats what i'm doing right now.

:hug: hope :hug: you :hug: feel :hug: better :hug: soon :hug:

Grrr your MW winds me up!!

I don't know if it was what set things off but I had a lot of 'self pleasuring' the days leading up to Jacks arrival! :oops: :wink:

JulesK81 said:
Hi hun, long time no chat - life gets a bit busier with a baby!

Please don't worry, engagement means diddly squat - on a MW appointment I had on Friday 11th July, Kayla had become disengaged. Because the MW was concerned about her size, they booked me in for a scan/meeting with consultant on Tuesday 15th. Well, she arrived on the Monday at 10.32pm! I was heartbroken when I was told she was no longer engaged, but it really means nothing. Also, for what it's worth, I had an hour's reflexology on the Saturday. Not saying it helped labour at all, but it was relaxing if nothing else.

Something to make you smile - my daughter sh*t all over your horrid midwife on her postnatal check. MW was not impressed at all and actually left the room without saying goodbye!!!

xx

:rotfl: :rotfl: Well done Kayla!! :cheer:

Good to see you back Jules!! Congrats on baby Kayla! :D

Thanks for all your messages ladies... I don't know why I'm so miserable today :( I always knew she'd be late :think:

Oh well, other than trying to help her engage by walking and getting on my ball, there isn't anything else I can do! Just got to wait it out I suppose! :bored: xx

can you go see another MW? thats so weird they dont do sweeps.....its like the first attempt to induce...what dummies! maybe the hospital will do one?
Dont let it get you down hun, she IS going to come out! and you'll probably be suprised....theres nothing in the books that says baby HAS to be engaged for labour to come on time!!! some dont untill your ready to give birth! they dont even check if they're engaged here!

HideiLu said:
I don't know if it was what set things off but I had a lot of 'self pleasuring' the days leading up to Jacks arrival! :oops: :wink:

:lol: Well can't hurt to try :D ;)

Dannii, sorry Evie isn't playing ball :hug: :hug: She's obviously far too comfy in there :D

:hug: :hug: :hug:

What a bummer hun :( Come on Evie - stop being a naughty madam and get popping already!!! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back