• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

mw appt this morning

bobkat

Reaction score
Hi all,

well am 38+4 today and had my 38 week appt with mw. Everything is OK, had a trace of protein in my urine and +3 ketones which she put down to me not having had breakfast before I had done the sample.

Baby is no more engaged than it was 2 weeks ago - still 2/5ths. :wall2::wall2:Frustrating as I have been walking the dog loads and ball bouncing.

She then made my next appt for another 2 weeks. This confused me as I thought at this point I'd get one every week at least. I'll be 40+4 then so she said if I were still pregnant this is when I'd get my sweep, I guess we'd discuss induction then too.

Is one appt every 2 weeks at this stage OK for a first baby, I was sure it would be 1 a week.

is this your first baby? i thought it was every week too, but apparently not if its your second and more. x

my appointments will be 36, 38, 40 and 41
but i would have wanted one at 39 weeks aswell.

This is my second but in my notes it has all the appointments and points out which are only for 1st timers and they show that the last appts are 36, 38 and 40 and then they take it from there for everyone.

Don't worry about engagement-loads of babies will not engage until you're in labour!

is this your first baby?

yes it's my first.

had time to think about it now and feeling less disappointed about engagement as it can still pop in and out at this point, i'm sure if I'd taken dog out for a long walk this morning baby'd have been lower as it always feels that way after a walk.

thanks for letting me know what your appt sheet said Helen, I had one of those somewhere but couldn't find it this morning when I got back. I guess I should feel lucky that I don't need one next week and that everything is fine as it is.

i just hate the waiting and thinking that it could be any time, i'm a bit of a control freak and not knowing when things are going to kick off is practically killing me, guess i wanted that appt next week as something fixed in time to focus on, instead i have to wait till past my due date which just makes my anxiety worse. i'm not anxious about the actual labour but i very much need to have dates, times etc worked out in an ocd fashion, i hate being late for things or not knowing what is going to happen to the point of obsession.

am gonna stick my hypnobirthing cd on and chill out a bit this afternoon, it helps me go with the flow more.

i was the same i thought it would be every week aswell but ended up every 2 weeks which is quite depressing. bloddy midwifes :shock:

i know, you'd think they'd want us off their books as soon as humanly possible and have people queuing up for sweeps from 37 weeks onwards.

imagine, in and rummage and out and NEXT!!

perhaps she's happy with ur progression that she doesn't feel the need to see you weekly.. Sounds like a good thing. I have to see my midwife every week and im only 33 weeks. But that's due to my recent headache problems x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back