Mums with 3 or more...

Sam's Mum

Reaction score
Sooo.... just wondering, for a long time in the future... possibly :blush:

Is having 3 young kids (under 5) much harder than 2?

I'm also wondering this as by the end of the year I will have three three and under three two and newborn sooooo is it harder by allot????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping you'll have this one and tell me how easy it is Evie :lol: How old will your other 2 be when this one is born? x

Bells is three sept 11th and zander 2 oct 26th lol so three and nearly 2 lol it's gonna be mad in my house haha!

So it is :lol: I'm sure it'll be amazing though :yay:

I found it difficult when I had number two but number three just kinda slotted in to our life iykwim? Feels like he's always been here. Saying that tho, my eldest is 8 so he kinda just does his own thing xx

montys 5 and dollys 2 and next is due in just over 7wks but my prob is dolly she is by my side 24 hours of the day dosnt leave wont go with anybody, wont sit on anybodys knee. I started taking her to playgroups about a year ago and she loves them but only wile she can see me other mums ask you to keep an eye on there kids wile they pop to the loo etc but if I didnt that dolly she would be having a screaming fit when I got back. I think she will love the baby tho as she always wants me to hold other ppl's and she very nice to them but I jus cant see how im going to get a thing done dolly on one knee baby on another lol

Lanny, don't worry chick. Jacob was 11 month old when Lucas was born and was/still is as clingy as a little monkey. He had to be touching me or near me all the time. I often have a baby on each knee, or carry them both around. It sounds like a nightmare bit it's really not that bad. Us mothers seem to get on with it and deal with anything coz were all awesome xx

I'm pg wiv number 4,there was 2 years 8 months between my eldest 2 which I found more manageable then the bigger age gap,there's 5 years 1 month between number 2 and number 3 and gonna b 4 years 2 months between 3 and 4. If that makes sense? My 3rd just winds the elder 2 up continously,and he tends to get his own way more cos he's the youngest. xxx

I went from having a nine month old to having a nine month old, a 3 year old &a 7 yr old and being pregnant overnight when hubbys kids came to live with me. Was horrendous at first but it was probably the sudden nature of events that threw me. When nell was born there wasn't much difference tbh. Poppy was 19 months then and I think those 2 were close enough in age to manage.

Saying that there is now nearly 4 years between nell and oscar and it's so much easier. She loves him to bits proper mothers him.

From memory, going from 1 to 3 was a shock to the system, 3 to 4 no difference really, 4 to 5 the same x

I kbow I've only got 2, but fwb's got a little man who I've watched a few times and I think it makes it easier :lol: obv it's not a 24/7 thing, but I found him and k keep eachother entertained and Es starting to join in now too! Only problem I find is I can't give him a rollicking if he's being a little shite :lol: I've heard so Many people say tho that going from 1-2 is more difficult than 2-3!

Lanny - Sam used to be the same when I was pregnant with Toby, and after he was born...I don't think it caused us any problems though. I'd quite often end up with Toby sleeping on my shoulder and Sam on my knee but I think the fact that he wasn't happy to go off and do his own thing all the time probably made it easier for him as I was always trying to include him in everything with Toby - not that I wouldn't have tried to anyway, but if they're happy playing or with someone else you probably don't take the time to make sure they're involved all the time. He's great now though - he still has his clingy moments but now he's older he understands that sometimes I need to do things for Toby.

I'm glad nobody has said having a 3rd was impossible yet :lol: Thanks everyone!

My 4TH is due in 5 weeks, so i'll have 4 who will be 4 years and under!!!!! It's hard now so gonna be harder with 4 but all worth it! I think!!! LOL x

I had 3 under 2,two being premie newborns :)
Looking back now it was hard, but thing with me is i never find it hard while it's happening .. only when i think back how it was i can't believe we survived it :)
i remember making oer 30 bottles a day and going out on my own with 3 of them,changing them and feeding them it was crazy!
I think as long as the older child is over the age od 2.5 you'll be fine.
My daughter is 3 this month and she climbs in the car on her own, she dresses herself,feeds herself (ok,she did this from 6 months haha) she can wash herself while i bathe twins, i can reason with her and she understands when sometimes things go the way we didn't plan and she wont make scenes and demand to eat right this second like twins still do.
It gets easier in a a physical way, they don't need me now :) they started playing together, twins just come for a quick kiss and cuddle and just go off to to their own thing.

I think you'll find it as hard as you'll allow yourself to find it.. i think all children go through same phases, i think they all test us the same, difference is how we parents handle it.

It's like women going through labor :) we all have to get to 10cm, but some handle it better then others
my sil always says her labor lasted longer then mine thats why she screamed like a psycho and i didn't ..well, i dealt with it better i think,same with kids ..she's got a 6 month old and she finds it really,really hard.
when we go out we do everything by her time because you know, it's easier for me to get ready with 3 then her with one ;)

main thing for me is to be cool and calm, crying doesn't bother me,mucky faces don't bother me and having no make up dosn't bother me :D
we're all happy and go out every day, everyone loves them haha they are the best thing that happened to us and i would do it all again tomorrow!

Thanks everyone :D

Toby would be at least Sam's age - nearly 2 1/2 - by the time number 3 would be here, so if he's anything like Sam they should play together really nicely by then :cloud9:

I'm all excited now, and hubby hasn't even said yes to another yet :lol:

Well I have 5 as you know :lol: but the eldest not counted, come the end of the year I'll have a 5 year old, 3 year old and newborn. I think it'll be ok as Katie is less of a baby iykwim than Joe was so it'll be easier :) I hope :oooo:

Bells is three sept 11th and zander 2 oct 26th lol so three and nearly 2 lol it's gonna be mad in my house haha!

Do you realise we were in labour on the exact same day 3 years ago :rofl: Katie is September 11th and will be 3 as well :lol:

Last edited:
That's probably the sort of age gap we'll have Mamafy (if we have more...need to stop talking like it's going to happen :lol:) so you'll have to let me know what it's like! x

imy oldest 3 were 25 months , 14 months and newborn and tbh number 3 just slotteed right in lol i found 1-2 hard as brandon was used to my full attention and he had to learn to share with bradley, but when kai came along they were used to sharing me if that makes sense

I had three under three and i have to say having two was more of a shock than three - they say third ones bring themselves up and mine did lol! Love it now they are older as they can play together all the time although they can argue well too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back