Mums of 3 have any advice?

cers123

Reaction score
I currently have 2 boys 1 aged 15 months and 1 aged 3.

Me and my husband know that we want to have another baby, I would be hoping to conceive around this time next year which wud mean I'd be due in june/July of 2018. This would have my boys at 3 and 5.

I am so so broody at the minute and constantly thinking about starting to conceive earlier that September 2017. But I haven't been keeping well mentally and I'd like most definitely to loose more weight so I'd have a healthy pregnancy and I do feel a good year to try and focus on me before I think about another baby is important.

So to my question, how hard is the plunge from 2 to 3? Is it as scary as I think? My next pregnancy will b my last as well so 3 is my limit.

Any mums and dads of 3 have any reassuring advice?

TIA guys xx

We're ttc our third too and it's so daunting! Good luck!

Oh really! I swear I am so so broody but afraid all at the same time haha. I hear some ppl say the jump from 1 d 2 is easier than the jump from 2 to 3. I need some re assurance haha r u ttc at the moment xx

I cant offer advice but im expecting my third and my 2 girls will be 4 exactly and 2 yrs 3 months when it arrives. Very excited by the new baby but also dreading all the mayhem!
I can circle back in Feb to let you know how its gone!

Last edited:
Oh really! I swear I am so so broody but afraid all at the same time haha. I hear some ppl say the jump from 1 d 2 is easier than the jump from 2 to 3. I need some re assurance haha r u ttc at the moment xx

I found the jump from 1 to 2 horrific cus DS2 was a severe reflux and moderately severe tongue tie baby so he never ate or slept, just boobed 2 hourly day and night for 10 months! Yeah we're ttc atm, we've just lost a bean at 5 weeks so we're seeing how things go from here

Yeah definitely pop bk and let me know how it goes xx

Aw am sorry for ur loss missus hoping u get a sticky bean soon xx

My mother in law just pointed out that when she had her three it was a breeze and when she later on had another when the other ones were all more or less grown up found it much harder than the three together. I personally wouldn't dream of having two nevermind three haha! I think in regards of losing weight and you pointing out about your mental health, it might be good to see someone about it as it tends to help one another, so if you're mentally feeling well your stress weight should come off quick and losing additional weight in itself becomes easier when feeling happier and relaxed in yourself :)

Don't forget Christmas is nearly here and once that has been september 2017 is going to be here ever so quickly! Maybe do a cheeky nice holiday next summer before trying for another one too!

yeah i have seen so many people regarding my mental health. best thing i ever did was start my bootcamp last month ive never felt better in myself and in my body.

i think the same yeno i had said april 2017 i want to be pregnant and when me and my hubby chatted i was like wow thats too soon haha. so we are planning a holiday with the boys then gonna start trying in september. i honestly think im prepaired the more i think about it.

do u just have the 1?

I have 3 but my older 2 are 9 & 12 now.
There's 2 and a half years between the older ones and that was horrific because my toddler was hard work anyway and then after the baby was born the toddler really acted out, behaviour regressed, so did independence (eg would no longer walk sensibly, had to use the stroller when we went out etc).

This time round I am a little out of practice it's so long since I had a baby lol. But the other 2 are great and will watch her whilst I make dinner and do laundry etc.
I think the jump from 2 to 3 would be so much harder if they were all younger like under 5yrs. Bu as it is although it is still demanding looking after 3 kids in other ways I have 2 helpers on tap lol.

i have 3 kids now but like phoenix, my older 2 are much older (11 and 14) so they help me alot with the baby and they are pretty independent. i do reckon that you will be able to copy, it is best to have them all at around the same time so tht they can grow together. i say go for it asap, i wouldnt wait until sept 17 to TTC if i were you.

I had 3 children 3 and under, I won't lie I found the jump from 1 to 2 fine but 2 to 3 really hard. You suddenly just don't have enough hands and never a spare minute. They all love eachother to pieces though and are so close. It can't have been that bad as I now have 4, my youngest is 4 weeks old and I now have 4 children 4 and under!

Just be prepared for a lot more work and you'll be fine. :) good luck ttc xx

I have 3 and only 18 months between my youngest two who are currently 2 and 1 years old. It's hard work but so enjoyable. There isn't a moment to switch of in the day I need my eyes and hands everywhere all day but I always collapse on the sofa very happy at the end of the day!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back