Nursery at 3 months

abcd1234

Reaction score
I'm due to go back to UNI when Tally is 3 months and so will have to find childcare for her, i will be trying my best to use family members as muc has possible but i can only really ask each person to have her one day a week and i dont know my timetable for next year yet so i've applied to have her in the UNI nursery.

I've looked on their website but i really dont have a clue, i cant even find the fees page!!! :rotfl:

I only want her to be in the nursery whilst im in a lecture so will only want 8 hours of childcare a week, however i'm pretty sure they arnt going to let me just pay for 1 hour of childcare on one day, is it normal for me to have to pay for the half day regardless??

I've also looked at their routine thing, and although it looks like it'll be lovely for her i'm a little concerned that at 3 months (she'll only JUST be 3 months) she's not going to fit in with them, the feeding times especially concern me as atm she feeds whenever she wants and from reading on here she's not really going to change that by 3 months, i cant leave her if they're not going to feed her when she wants it.

God i never thought i'd be so worried, scared even, about the prospect of leaving her, i know i have 2 months to get used to the idea and may be fine by then but i can just see myself being one of those mums who comes along with a huge list of what she likes and her routine etc then wanting to know absolutely everything she's been up to whilst i was gone lol

most nurseries have an hourly rate hun but usually want at least 2 hours a day, as for her feeds u should tell them when she wants her feeds and they should do their best to stick to it

I used to work at a University, so James went to their nursery. There you could opt for a morning session, afternoon session or all day. You could pick what days you wanted though as long as there were places. It was a fantastic nursery and a bit cheaper than the private one's.
The nursery's waiting list was a year long (my mum looked after James for the first year I was there). It might vary at different uni's though.
James was 18 months when he started there so I don't know what happened in the baby room.

If it's a decent nursery they will fit in with the times of feeding etc. for small babies, but the best thing would be to arrange a visit and don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you like.

• Does the cost include meals and/or milk?
• Are there any extras? - what is not included?
• How do the staff settle in new children?
• What kind of meals are provided?
• Is there a plan of activities for the day?
• Do the children go outside to play?
• Does the nursery have a complaints procedure?
• What about sleep facilities?
• Does the nursery have a policy on discipline?
• Can I see a copy of your latest annual inspection report?
• Where is your Certificate of Registration and Insurance?
(The certificate gives details of how many children the Nursery is registered to care for and how many adults to children are required.)
• Ask to see a copy of their latest annual inspection report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back