How soon can you conceive after baby?

Belle

Reaction score
Sorry to sound thick but when can you conceive again after birth? My baby is 3 months old now and we are not using any contraceptive. I'm half in half breast and bottle feeding and my periods have not returned so am I right in thinking that until my periods arrive I'm not likely to fall pregnant? We do want another baby so would be good news if there is a chance it could happen but I dont' have a clue!!

i cant believe your hospital MW didnt tlk to u about this u can fall pregnant straight after with or without period that is why at my 8 week check i went back onto the pill

Yes don't rely on waiting for your period, you must act as if you could become pregnant at any time now!
Even 24/7 breastfeeding there is a small chance of pregnancy so be careful!

I went back on the pill when Phoebe was 3weeks old!! I'm not taking any chances!! :shock:
LOL xxx

I've got my doctors appointment Friday to get back on the pill - not taking no chances here either.

can get preg straight away its your most fertile time after giving birth.... look at me i have a nine month old and 5 months preg

how soon can you go back on the pill then? I thought you would have to wait a while.

My mam fell pregnant within 6months of having me and i want there to be at least a 3yr age gap if i have another baby so i think i may have to go back on the pill - even though i hate it!! it makes me feel icky x

you can start taking the pill 21 days after birth or you can wait until you have a period. If you are breatfeeding i think GP will give you the mini pill instead of the combined pill so that it does not affect your milk!

my HV and MW spoke to me about it in the 1st week lol, and you can go back on the pill from 3 weeks after. if ur bres=ast feeding which i am you go on the mini pill which will not stop ur milk supply. i'm seeing my dr thursday to go on it :D with 3 girl's already don't think i want nemore :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back