MRI Scan

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty & Dieting' started by Aisha83, May 23, 2019.

1. Aisha83

Aisha83 Active Member

Not sure if this is the right place for this question so I apologise in advance if its not. 20/5/19 I had a full body MRI scan to find out some issues with my back. The lady doing it asked if I could be pregnant and I told her I wasn't sure. She advised that having the scan could greatly harm the baby if I was. I went ahead with the scan because of the amount of pain I'm in and i didn't really believe I was pregnant. Now my period is slightly late which has me worried. But iv read on the Internet on medical sites that the scan has no negative impacts on a fetus. Has anyone had any experiences like this? If so what was the outcome?

2. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

I have no experience with scans but if I were you I would test to make sure you're pregnant. You might be getting worried for nothing.x

3. chattychar1990

chattychar1990 Well-Known Member

I agree with kitana. If you are late for your period then you need to test so you know for sure if you are pregnant.

4. Aisha83

Aisha83 Active Member

I haven't had the time to get a test this week, my 4month old has had hospital apps all week, today is my first free day so I will get a test then

5. Emma19

Emma19 Active Member

I agree with the above because it then puts your mind at ease x

6. Aisha83

Aisha83 Active Member

I did the test, there was a faint line but unfortunately I started bleeding a few hours ago. Thanks to everyone who replied x