Movements.

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by charlene09, Apr 11, 2016.

1. charlene09

charlene09 Well-Known Member

So I am 24+5 with an anterior placenta. So not the best of movements to start with but surely I should be feeling regular movements by now.
    I can't help but worry something is wrong by the lack of movements. If it weren't for my belly I don't think I'd of noticed I was pregnant.

When should I start to feel good movement

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Emmam1982

Emmam1982 Well-Known Member

I have an anterior placenta and started feeling strong regular movements between 21&23 weeks.
    If you're worried ring and speak to your midwife, they'll be able to reassure/advise you xxx

3. charlene09

I'm gonna give them a call. Her heartbeat is fine but surely they cannot just go off that x

4. glowing

glowing Well-Known Member

Your pattern of movements won't be recognisable until 28 weeks. Your anterior placenta will get in the way of perceived movements. If you have gone from lots of movements to absolutely nothing try hot and/or cold drink. Lying on your left side and a sugary snack and see if baby moves. If still no movement mw should come out and listen in. If she is then concerned she could ring hospital and see if they can assess you. They may then scan you. They don't usually do a monitoring until you are 28 weeks.

5. Mictho29

Mictho29 Well-Known Member

I'm 22 wks Thursday and no pattern of movement yet just the odd thump now and again and some flutters

6. Lulie

Lulie Well-Known Member

I'm 22 weeks with an anterior placenta and like others have said there's no rhythm to his movements just yet. Definitely get in touch with your midwife if it puts your mind at rest though!

7. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

When I wanted my little one to move for some reason (such as leg in rib) I use to put an ice pack at the top of my bump & a warm drink or wheat bag at the bottom, baby always moved away from cold towards the warmth. Worth a try? x

8. charlene09

Good idea thankyou x