Movement

nbrintz

Reaction score
Hi I'm 20+4 today I was just wondering if anybody gets a lot of movement some days and not a lot on others it also feels like bumping sometimes is it just me or is it normal as I went to consultant yest and a mw up there asked me if baby was active I did not think they monitored it this early thought it was 24 weeks sorry I'm just paranoid this time thanks for reading x

That would have just been a question in general hun.
Proper active movement isn't measured before 24 weeks sometimes
Even 24 weeks can be too early for the reccomended 10 movements per day especially if
Placenta is anterior.
Don't worry Honey x

I agree, I think it was just a general question. They don't monitor movement this early. I know mine certainly has days of being really active and then quietens down on other days. I have an anterior placenta too, so how much I feel seems to depend on where little one is.

I agree, I think it was just a general question. They don't monitor movement this early. I know mine certainly has days of being really active and then quietens down on other days. I have an anterior placenta too, so how much I feel seems to depend on where little one is.

Gemsy I also have an anterior placenta, when did u start feeling movement? X

I also have a anterior placenta, and i have days where baby will go mad and ill feel her loads, then ill have quieter days, which i panic about then all of a sudden shell have a mad day again, i tend to feel and see strong kicks on my left side, so when i dont feel much or the kicks are very dull i think shes behind placenta hiding away, its annoying placenta cushioning her movement! At midwife tomoz so will ask her aswell, ive been told 2 different things you dont count kicks till 28 weeks thats what my book says and then also been told its 24 weeks so will double check with midwife tomozx

Thanks for this hun I'm 18+4 and keep feeling the odd nudge down there but think its most probably
Wind!!! Gutted about anterior placenta!!!! Just really want to feel her now x

Thanks ladies my placenta is posteriorx

Jodie i was gutted about it aswell i new before my 20 week scan i had one i just had a feeling, but by my 20 week scan i was feeling kicks, and feel them every day now, like i say more so on my left side so think my placentas more on right side gona ask midwife tomoz see if she nows!! You will feel those kicks but its bloody frustrating early on!x

I had flutters from about 16 weekish but they were very rare, i never really felt the wriggling n that, then i had a couple Kicks before 20 weeks but it was like one then nothing so i thought nothing of it, then near 20 weeks i got kicks, and new it was baby, then as weeks passed they got stronger and more often, i remeber having my 20 week scan and the women wax moving me everywhere n pushing scanner in and baby kick few times,still after that it wasnt every day, id say it only last couple weeks they been every dayx

Thanks so much Nat you've put my mind at rest massively!!!
Nbrintz sorry for hogging your post! X

Its ok jodie i no how frustrating and stressful it is, my bump buddie at your stage was getting loadsa movement and i proper stressed cos i wasn't getting the same and hardly felt anything drove me nuts, so i kinda guessed that i had a anterior, dont stress about it i no its hard not to but they will come, and at your stage dont worry about movement, even now my lil one has quieter days, yesterday n day before she was quiet , still felt quiet a few kicks but very dull and not like previous day, today ive felt more again, but i used my doppler and shes over the side where i think my placenta is, try not to worryxx

Yes hun I think my little one was behind placenta last week at midwife heartbeat was beating away lovely in there however she was in the background somewhere! Kicking away aswel midwife was like wow can u feel them?
I was like 'no' politely haha x

Haha tomoz is first time my midwife will of listened to hb so looking forward to that, but when i use my doppler it sounded like you described hb but in background so im sure shes behind it at mo, so only feeling the stronger kicksx

Just wondering what does anterior placenta mean? Had my 20 week scan on Monday and just seen on my notes that my placenta is anterior.... Is that where it is at the front? Does it mean much else in regards to my pregnancy? I only started feeling baby about 2 weeks ago and proper movements over last week which may be quite late, also MW struggled at my 16 week appointment to find baby's heartbeat, is the anterior placenta the reason why?

my MW said regular movement is from 24 weeks so I'm not worried yet but definitely am beginning to feel baby more and more as each day goes on now xx

Yeah it means its on front and will cushion some movement, other than that it means nothing else in regards to your pregnancy it doesnt effect it, and its probably why she struggled find hb, also at 16 weeks it still can be hard to find anyway, my midwife doesnt look for hb until 25 weeks for that reasonx

I hardly feel anything tbh, I only had my first proper kick last week but its mostly flutters x

Thanks for this hun I'm 18+4 and keep feeling the odd nudge down there but think its most probably

Sorry Jodie, only just seen this!

I felt flutters from around 18 weeks I think. Then around 19-20 lots of tapping around my cervix (painful and not that nice!). Its only been in the last 2 weeks - so 21-23 that I have felt proper kicks, and it does vary as to how much I feel. In the last couple of days they have got more regular.

Sorry Jodie, only just seen this!

I felt flutters from around 18 weeks I think. Then around 19-20 lots of tapping around my cervix (painful and not that nice!). Its only been in the last 2 weeks - so 21-23 that I have felt proper kicks, and it does vary as to how much I feel. In the last couple of days they have got more regular.

Thanks Gemsy!!!! Nice to know people's experiences with anterior placentas!!! :). Thanks chicken x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back