Movement after 29 weeks.....

Cleo100

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

Hope you are having a nice day and either enjoying the sun or hiding out like me in the cool shade!!

Just a quick one or two, at my last MW visit at 28 weeks I was measuring 31 weeks and the same at my 4d scan measurements at 28 weeks..... for any of you who measured big did your MW's actually do anything or just leave you? My MW did not seem fussed about measuring big......I was just wondering when measuring big means "too big" and they then test for Gestational Diabetes etc.... I don't see her again till 34 weeks and I am a bit concerned.......

Also - obviously little miss is getting bigger and running out of room, the movements I have had for the last week are now more like very hard wriggles behind belly button and on right hand side with odd foot/elbow/arse pokage out now and then......no more kicks....is this what happened to you guys too around this stage....? Just want to check hard wriggles and shoves count in my ten a day movements and the kicks are now more or less history?

Sorry it's long and waffle filled, I can't concentrate on writing this as I know there is a big juicy fillet steak in the fridge with my name on it and I cant stop thinking about it!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

mnnnnnnnnnnnnn steeeeeeeaaaak!!!!

Cleo xxx

I've always measured a couple of cms over my weeks (up until today that is) and my midwife has said it isn't something to worry about. There is a graph in my notes that has a band either side of the ideal measurement, I think if you are in that things are fine. I'm not sure but don't they mostly do the GTT test thingy if you show a lot of glucose in your wee? I may be wrong about that!

I get loads of wriggles now but do still get a few kicks, I think I have a fair bit of fluid in my bump so maybe there is room for him to kick me still. Perhaps your bump is all baby or she has very long legs and doesn't have the room to stretch them out. Either that or maybe she is kicking your placenta and you can't feel it :) I would definitely count the wriggles in your 10 movements a day :D

hey, they dont seem to worry unless your are 3/4 weeks either side of your EDD. I've been measuring a week over for the last couple of weeks, but its been consistant and doctor said its not a problem. Its funny too cuz my bump looks pretty small compared to a lot of pregnant women around here who are behind my LO, i guess it doesnt count.
And moving didnt slow down much for me (some days she's quieter than others) but they did change. not so much kicking as squirming and wriggeling about.

Yeah happened to me, i had to have a gtt which was fine, and then my most recent scan said he was plateauing out...

I think the rule is as long as they don't say you're carrying a baby hulk at 34 weeks or so then don't worry...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back