motherhood & emotions

Xena

Reaction score
Have you found, since becoming a mother, that you are more emotional that you used to be?

I don't mean PND or anything like that. I mean more like reading a sad story in the news, or hearing a sad song. Before having kids I'd probably feel a bit sad, and that would be it.
Now, I bawl at almost everything! I'm so sensitive to sad things - especially anything involved with children or babies dying, or even things like books or poems or songs about parents loving their children, I get all teary and start bawling.

I've turned into a right mushy sentimental sap lol.

Me too!

Its embarrasing sometimes cause I really have to hold back the tears and swallow really hard to get rid of that lump.

My whole outlook on life has dramatically changed since having Maia, and work really isnt top of my agenda like it used to be. I was such a career minded person now I dont even want to go back to the same job, Im contemplating getting a new job something working evenings so I can be with my girl during the day, not bothered what I do so long as its money coming in and evening work.

Yep, me too.
I'm the same as Charlie with giving up work and tempted my evenings.
I had a program on the other night. Ghosthunting with Paul O'Grady, and there was this building full of bodies! I was eating and not looking at the telly at the time when i heard him say "Oh dear. You really shouldn't be here should you?" I looked up and saw a skeleton of a baby in an open box. I looked away instantly and made OH change the channel! I had to fight back the tears as we had company. It was awful.
I cry over so much more, and i cried alot before! Lol

Yes definately, and I find I feel more protective over children in general even ones I dont know, I am just more aware of them I guess. That poor little girl who got washed down the drain the other day really made me cry, she was so lucky her dad thought fast, even though she is fine i feel cold just thinking about it! And that advert, for formula, SMA I think, with the poem from the Dad to his partner makes me go all soppy too lol :lol:

clarey said:
And that advert, for formula, SMA I think, with the poem from the Dad to his partner makes me go all soppy too lol :lol:

Yep really have to swallow hard with that one and the one for Childrens Mutual.

clarey said:
And that advert, for formula, SMA I think, with the poem from the Dad to his partner makes me go all soppy too lol :lol:

yeh me too lol

oh god yeah!im a right weepy nowadays.anything with young kids gets me going.and like clarey said i find myself being really protective of kids even the ones i dont know

Oh me too! I was almost in tears the other day when that little girl was washed down the drain not far from where im originally from. Gods knows what state i would have been if she hadnt been ok!

Definitely. I was never sentimental nor maternal until Sprog came along, now I'm as soppy as anything. I'm quite glad we don't have a TV if there are adverts on that could make it worse!

YUP totally.
I saw a kid drop her icecream and i burst into tears :oops: :oops:
her mum bought her another one but i was so sad for her!

I've always been emotional now i'm even worse!

Yes! when i watch the biggest looser and extreme makeover home edition and they have the famillies with really sad stories on and I just bawl my eyes out!!!!

Motherhood has turned me into a emotional wreck!

Yes I am a lot more teary at sad things nowadays too, and most things to do with baby's :roll: :lol:

I am exactly the same hun.

Its terrible!

I cant watch anything involving kids being hurt, or upset, or generally any sort of family based dramas where sommat sad happens. I just collapse in floods of tears!

I worry so much about James, the slightest sneeze and Im fretting that he is ill - its just not like me at all!! I just love him sooo much that I get so scared that sommat bad is going to happen to him :oops: God knows what I will be like when he is old enough to play out etc!! I never thought I would be like this at all!!!

definitley i was bad enough before now i cry when people get divorced in neighbours and everything!! :wink:

Yep, me too. I cried my eyes out when a few weeks back in the X-factor the poor guy was put into foster care at the age of four (and he would now like to get to know his family - I bet the family would suddenly become interested if he becomes famous :think: :wall: ).

Also, I am worrying about LO and just want to do everything protect her. Recently, I was thinking about poor Madeleine McCann and it all just got me upset. How can people hurt children????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back