Signs of Bronchitis?

Rachaellius

Reaction score
I noticed yesterday that Phoebe seems to be coughing a lot more than normal, not all the time but as I say more than normal.

She's also started sleeping better at night the last couple of nights, which I thought would mean she's be a bit more awake during the day but the last couple of days she's been really sleepy during the day, she's sleeping loads more than normal.

She isn't showing any signs of a cold like a runny nose or sneezing or anything but I just wondered whether it could be bronchitis? What are the signs, as I know a few babies seem to have had it just lately xx

Thanks Pinky! I think I'm gonna see how the cough is for the rest of the day and take her to the docs tomorrow.

Forgot to add that she seems a bit off her feeds too, she's still taking some but not her usual amount. She skipped a feed last night so I expected her to wake up within a couple of hours after being put down to have a feed, but she went from 10 til 4.30 she wouldn't have her usual feed at 10 before put down she just wanted to sleep. Her last feed before then was around 8, so she went from 8 til 4.30 without a feed :shock: x

Jax was really poorly first for a few days with a cough, cold and high temp and not taking his feeds before he went really down hill. He didn't start sleeping more until the last day when he slept all dat and was panting when he woke up and I took him to a & e, before that, he was waking every hour during the night obviously feeling crap and I was constantly dosing him up with both calpol and nurofen. Hope everythings ok hun xxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Lily had a cold for three weeks and the cough just stuck.. She 'rattles' when she breathes I can feel it thru her chest :( poor thing she has coughing fits and goes red and the only way I can get her to stop is to put we dummy in as the sucking helps her..
I hope it's just a cough for ur LO babe!xx

She doesn't seem too wheezy but she's started sneezing quite a bit this evening too, could it just be a cold? If so do I take her to the docs for it?
Thanks for your replies xx

They usually say calpol and steamed bathroom.. She's too young for the plug in vaporizers u can try the salt water nose spray and baby vapor rub.. I'd she how she gets on and if it doesn't improve in a few days go see ur doc.. They can't treat for bronchiolitis unfortunately :(

Thanks JM i'm worried about her feeds more than anything atm she's only finished one whole bottle today and has only taken 1 - 2oz out of other bottles and sometimes nothing. She's taking water fine though x

As long as she is drinking water your alright.. Keep trying with the milk though but as long as she's drinking the water so she's not getting dehydrated its not so bad.. If she's still the same tomorrow ring a hv and ask for advice.. I think they can go 3 days without food just fluids as older kids but I'm not 100% sure on babies this age.. I've forgotten almost everything since Ellie :roll: I hope she feels better soon babe it's likely her weight will drop too so keep an eye on that! Lilys feeding has been so bad my milk supply is right down and I'm having to top up with formula..
Xx

Aww yeah I saw you mention about her weight drop, is she doing ok with the top up of formula now?

I've took Phoebe to the docs this morning and they've said it's just a cold, she's managed a few more feeds today but she ends up having coughing fits halfway through so she ends up bringing some of it back up :roll:
It really is no fun atm, I can feel one of her teeth feels like it's ready to cut through soon too, we've had several bouts of hysterical crying today :( x

Bless!! Hope it comes thru soon so she can get some relief!! Maybe an amber necklace/anklet will help? It seems to have helped lily :)
She's a bit unsettled and is pooing alot more since the top ups and it seems to be upsetting her when she goes as I suppose she's not used to it.. Gonna get her weighed on Wednesday see how she's doing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back