Most painful bit about labour

For me itbwas definitely the baby actually coming out. I found that 1000x worse than contractions. X

I had my eyes closed mostly silently concentrating and breathing through most of my contractions. The worst part for me was absolutely the pushing, especially at the end! I did have stitches afterwards and the anaesthetic was awful and made me physically jump while in stirrups. I wasn’t really expecting it though so it came as a total stinging shock. Xx

Transition was the worse for me and the contractions at that point.

Once I was pushing I knew what was going on and the end was near so that wasn't as bad - it had a purpose and I was relieved that I knew it wouldn't be going on for hours.

I can't complain too much though as that stage didn't last long for me and the contractions I had in early labour really weren't that bad at all.

Worse than that were the stitches after; I only had two, but no anaesthetic (as there was no need for just the two) so had them just on gas and air. But it was awful; I had no pain relief for the actual labour. only thing which made these stitches better was having them while feeding my baby as I concentrated on her instead. With my son I had more stitches and they took him off me which I hated

The ring of fire (getting baby's brow out) is the scariest part.
Transition is the most painful part, contractions come so hard and fast, it's when most women are ready to give up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back