Morning, noon and night sickness

JacqWish

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone was suffering from being sick ALL the time. I am sick every time I eat something and it is really starting to get me down. I have tried ginger snaps, ginger ale, crystallised ginger, but nothing works.

I am drinking plenty of water to keep hydrated, but this can't be very good for me. Will it not render the pronatal multivitamins i take innefective? They are hardly in my stomach before they are up again.

What a moan, but I am at the end of my tether with this. My sister was sick the entire way through her pregnancy, I dont think I can cope with that. :(

hiya,

sorry to hear you're having such a rough time of it - i don't know how you are coping, you must be one incredable woman!! My mum used to swear by eating a couple of dry crackers before getting up in the morning - not sure how true it is but anything is worth a go when you feel like you do!
Sorry I can't be of more help, but on the plus side - think of all those cakes you can eat that will never stick on your hips!! (only joking lol)

Take care - keep us updated xxx

Tried the cracker business - I have one dry cracker every time I am sick so that there is something in my stomach.

Its funny you said about eating all the cakes and them not sticking, but yesterday afternoon one of my colleages came in with big caramel doughrings, well I never normally have cakes, I dont have that big a sweet tooth and also I try to be healthy. Well, I thought sod it and I scoffed it. Wasnt 5 minutes down before it was up again!

The worst thing is having to work when I feel like this, I just can't concentrate on anything. I see my midwife tomorrow so hopefully she might suggest something?

Jacq x

Hi,

you poor thing- it sounds awful. Do drinks stay down? Can you stomach those build you up type drinks that you get when you've been ill? Have you tried sea-sickness bands as they work for some people? I know it's a long shot but how about hypnotherapy as I've also heard that some people try that. Seriously though if nothing will stay down at all you should get in contact with your midwife as they might have some good suggestions.

Good luck
+++

p.s. Funnily enough I was only thinking about Orkney earlier- I've only been about three times but my family used to camp at Scarfskerry near Dunnet Head and we'd get the early bird boat over to Orkney for a visit once a holiday as it's so different to the Highlands. I always think of Maes Howe when it's midwinter and of the really friendly farmers who let my Dad and us kids crawl around the early history sites that were on their land- often underground. We never saw an Otter actually crossing by the Otter crossing signs though and I always wanted to! Is it a nice place to live?

Hi, I have only been drinking water really, but i just went and bought a bottle of lucozade as I was feeling so shaky. Well it tasted fab - on the way down! Never again... My mother just phoned to say that she has bought me sea sickness bands so i will get them tonight. Fingers crossed they work.

Orkney is a fantastic place to stay. I have lived in Aberdeen and commuted back and fore to Edinburgh and I wouldnt give up living here for anything. I was just speaking about this last night with a friend, its a brilliant place to bring up children. We don't have any worries about walking alone at night time and people still leave their houses unlocked.

We do miss out on a lot being here, we have no decent clothes/shoes shops and we don't have access to a lot of things that people on the mainland do, but on the other hand we have this amazing culture surrounding us.

Its good to know someone has been up here! I often wonder if anyone on the forums has visited.

Thanks for the support.
Jacq x

my gp said that i should have a couple of sweet biscuits before getting out of bed in the morning, to keep the blood sugar levels stable, so I have been doing this and so far haven't been sick, but I don't know whether I am just very lucky or whether it does actually work.

I then aim to have a banana as soon as possible after getting up and that stops me feeling nauseous on the way to work.

I also have a stash of preggie pops in my car for when nausea strikes and that seems to stop nausea in its tracks, which you can get on the internet on various different sites.

Apparently the three main triggers of morning sickness are a drop in blood sugar levels, hunger and tiredness.

Hope that I have helped in some way.

I am going to try all of those things - I have been convinced there is something wrong with my blood sugar these past couple of weeks as I am really shaky a lot of the time.

Going in search of preggie pops (never even heard of them!) right now!!

Thanks for the advice,
Jacq x

Yep i'm right there with you. I do get some moments which are ok and I'm not always actually sick but I have nausea from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep. Sometimes if I wake in the night I start feeling sick too. I found that anything sweet or fatty makes me worse. EHard boiled eggs are good as soon as I wake up. Wierd as I don't normally like them that much. Had a bizarre craving for dried cereal with icecream this morning though. Quite nice!

Update! My mother came up last night and gave me sea bands to try. I was a bit sceptical, but I haven't been sick once since putting them on!!! Normally I would have been sick a few times last night and several more times today. I feel a little bit nauseaus and thats it.

Hallelujah!

Hallelulyah!

I know I should not be laughing but I can't help it... So situation now is what mine was like 7wks ago....I feel so sorry for you... I hope ur ok!

I have jsut been to the hospital today to get an Anti-D Injection as my blood Is Rhesus -. I asked the nurse why I was getting this injection and she just gave me a leaflet and said read it and If I have any problems to contact my midwife, I am all puzzled I have never even heard of this till now. Do u know n e thing about it?

Love Danielle and Bubble xx

I have heard of Rhesus indeed. I had a friend who had it, and after I had my miscarriages I was worried about it so I got some info. Here's something i found on the net.

What's rhesus negative blood?
Most people (80 per cent) have rhesus positive blood; the remainder have rhesus negative. If both partners have the same rhesus factor, there's no problem. If the mother is rhesus positive and the father is rhesus negative, there are no concerns either. But if the mother is rhesus negative and the father is rhesus positive, it could lead to problems if the baby is also rhesus positive.

During a first pregnancy this may have no obvious effect, as the two bloodstreams don't usually meet until birth or if there's a miscarriage. However, at either of these times some of the baby's cells can get into the mother's bloodstream, sensitising her to the rhesus factor. In a subsequent pregnancy, antibodies are produced that may cause a potentially serious blood disorder in the baby. Treatment consists of injections of an immunoglobulin after the first birth (or miscarriage) to help the mother get rid of the positive blood cells before she starts producing antibodies in her next pregnancy.

I think it is much more common than we think, and isnt anything to worry about once you have had your injection.

This is probably as clear as mud!

jacq x

Thankyou so much that has made it quite clear! But still one more question... I had a miscarriage in Jan so this makes it my 2nd pregnancy... I am worried about what you said about the blood disorder... Have I had the injection too soon I am 16wks?
Sorry to ask u all these questions I am jsut worried and I dont see my midwife till tomorro xx

Don't worry about asking questions. From my limited understanding of it I think it is totally right what you have had done.

My friend had a miscarriage and they immediately tested her for Rhesus, so she got the injection very soon after her miscarriage. She went on to have a sucessful second pregnancy.

I had two miscarriages a few years ago and I wasnt tested, and its something I have wondered about. I see the midwife tomorrow for my booking appointment so I will be asking then.

I dont think you have anything to worry about, sounds like everything has been done right.

Let me know how you get on tomorrow.

Jacq x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back