Morning sickness...

Dinky

Reaction score
In my first couple of weeks it was every morning, just nausea....then I was being sick every other morning and now.....WELL!! Now I am sick every morning....then I feel fine so am having a very small amount of breakfast, usually a piece of toast or a few biscuits....Then at about 11am I am horrendously sick again...and the rest of the day I feel dreadfully nauseous. I am trying not to let it get me down because I know there is a good cause for it all. I just can't help but feel rubbish.....
Should I contact my midwife/GP or just ride it out?
I have tried eating little and often...and tried the ginger tip but nothing it working! I can't help but feel that if I am being sick, then the goodness that I should be giving my baby isnt getting to him/her....?????

Sorry for my whinge :( x

Hi Dinky! Sorry you're feeling poorly :( I'm a few weeks behind you and I don't have any sickness yet but from what I gather from the other girls morning sickness can leave you dehydrated. If you've not been able to keep may fluids down maybe you should contact your midwife or doc? Sorry not to be able to offer any proper help but I didn't want you to feel like there was nobody listening! x

People say that it does stop but however mine never did! The worst few weeks were from 6 weeks through to 16 weeks and it then started off again at around 24-27 weeks :(. You can get medication from the doctors if its really disturbing your daily routine. I tried the medication but it didn't agree with me and because I was at home most of the time anyway and didn't have to go to work I just rode it out. If I had had commitments then I would most definitely have gone with the medication.

I found drinking made it worse as the liquid would hit my stomach and it was already unsettled enough as it was. I found ice pops really helped (the triangular shaped fruit juice ones that come in a box and you freeze yourself are particularly good as they are really watery and dont leave you with a sugary syrup like the tube shaped already frozen ones do) and eating small amounts when I felt I could. I stayed away from bread or anything that would clump together as it made being sick 10x worse. Id also avoid milk in the morning and fruit as for me the acid in the fruit also made it a lot worse and the milk just came back rancid which made me feel even worse. I struggled with smells as well so I found a smell I could cope with and liked and kept it near me on a scarf or something for when I felt nauseous :). I also found foods I could always eat without them making me sick such as peaches and twixs. I was never sick off either of them but now cannot stand them at all lol!

Oh and just to add, I lost a fair bit of weight at first and struggled to be able to take vitamin tablets and my baby came out perfectly fine and a really good weight!

Thank you for the advice ladies :)

I seem to be keeping fluids down fine which is good. I drink water every morning after my first lot of sickness which helps and (sorry if TMI) never seems to come back up again. I seem to be ok when I am busy. E.g. yesterday I felt DREADFUL but my partner, stepson and I went shopping anyway and I felt fine whilst shopping but when I got back I felt awful again!
I do hope it stops soon as I'm really not enjoying it!!!!!

Aw u poor thing. From 7wks til 13wks I was in a terrible way, suffering with hyperemesis.
The good thing is, u can keep fluid down. That's the most important thing.
At this stage, ur baby's dietary requirements are tiny and it is getting all it needs even from ur reserves.
I lost a stone in 2wks cuz I starved myself I was that sick, but the doc at the hospital assured me that my baby was getting everything it needed.

If it gets really bad (I was vomiting up to 10 times a day even without food) go see ur doc and ask for the anti-sickness tabs.
If u think u can ride it out, then do that. But the most important thing at this stage is ur fluid intake. Keep drinking plenty.

Hope u get better soon xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back