More Hospital... Urgh

purplehippy

Reaction score
Last thurs, I was dicked about yet again by the consultant-led dept. After refusing to leave til they gave me my induction date (they couldn't because my consultant was away) I got a sweep, as much as they could do anyway seeing as my cervix wasn't entirely favourable.

Had period-like pains and much tightening between then and sat eve when I went in to be checked out as I wasn't sure if I was going into labour or not. It feels like when I had my DD.

They saw some contractions on the trace but I wasn't in labour.

Sunday, same. But in the evening of sunday I slipped on a tennis ball in the kitchen (my fault, I threw it at OH's cat for not shutting up, was stressed - karma for you!) and my leg slid bad, which really hurt the SPD, and my bump went haywire with the tightenings all night.

Monday, not much to tell til the evening when the tightenings etc were back. And baby wasn't moving as much. She stopped at night.

Today................. I was awake quite early on, but stayed in bed with my eyes closed. Baby didn't move AT ALL til midday, when it felt like she might have twitched a toe. Then a little later I felt her once, weakly. So coupled with the period-like pain and tightenings, my book says to let a midwife know.

So, I then spend several hours in assessment, on a trace, where to begin with she wakes up and goes mental in there, then she does this thumbsucking thing. And mostly she's quiet except for that first mental bit and one other mental bit. But sleepy sleepy baby in there.

They are eventually happy enough to let me home. Feck was it boring in there. And I had to press a button on the trace machine everytime I felt her move...

I was told on sat eve that my body is doing pre-labour, and today they've said they always slow their movements when they're getting ready to come out.

So I guess it's good news. Still waiting for thurs when consultant is supposed to actually be back and will see me - I will refuse to leave again, blah blah. Midwife tomorrow, last thursday's people told me to get her to sweep me again. Who knows what she will or won't do. She's the only one I trust right now. Hopefully I'll have my baby by the end of this week. I just wish I knew what was going on. I'm so tired, fed up, hurting and I can't control my moods and temper.

awww it really sounds like you have had a rough week. I can imagine that the 'not knowing' when it is going to happen or if it is actually happening is like mental torture.

Hopefully the sweep by midwife will speed things along. Although I thought they wouldn't do anything like that if your cervix wasn't favourable?

Regardless, I hope you feel better soon xxxx

aw hugs hun, bloody rubbish! I hate that monitor thing too :( how come they gacve u a sweep at 27? I must have missed this lol x

Oh dear it doesn't sound great to be in hospital that much. I hope everything gets sorted soon. xx

It's 37 - I think 27 is a bit early, lol. It's because they wanted to see if I'd go into labour naturally this week because I'm supposed to be induced this week. They said that it would help my cervix to start preparing itself. So my midwife is supposed to do it again today, will see if she will when she turns up later.

It is frustrating.

Thought things were happening last night - at 25 to 9pm, I started getting contractions 1-2 mins apart, that were uncomfortable for me. Went on for half hour, then slowly they slowed a little, but continued til it had been an hour and half, I think.

Then got woken not long after I'd gone to sleep, with a couple of stronger uncomfortable ones.

So................. I think my body is trying to do the right thing.

fingers crossed another sweep today will help things along! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back