Had a fall....

Things just keep on getting better!........

I was having a shower last night to try and unwind as I got out the shower I managed to fall. We have a shower over the bath so as I stepped out I landed full smack into my belly onto the side bath panel. Ouch.

It had been about 10 minutes and I was having tightenings every minute or so and had a sore tummy (not surprisingly) so I rang the doc who told me to go to hospital just to be monitored and check baby as he hadn't move since.

So in I go with tightenings but painful and I wasn't especially worried - just better safe than sorry I thought. Got put on the monitor and my tightenings were all over the place. For anyone who has been on a monitor before will know what a TOCO is probably and mine was going up to 99% and back down and up and down and the midwives wasn't sure what to make of it as they wern't regular or hurting. For anyone who doesn't know - it's what they use to monitor tightenings/contractions of your uterus. 1% is an non-tight uterus - 99% is the hightest tightness of you uterus.

They wern't regular and didn't hurt though so I wasn't concerned. Baby was moving by the time we got in there and all seemed fine so I thought I'd be allowed home. Towards the end though his heartbeat accelerations had stopped and he'd really quietened down. But so had my tightenings.

They called the doc to come and check me out. She spent a long time looking at my trace (monitoring) sheet of the babies heart beat and they were noting all the things which wern't quite right etc. They wern't talking that loudly but I could hear. As there has been a few times that the baby has had reduced movements they want me to go back in tomorrow and have a trace (monitoring) done again.

When she was palpating my tummy she also felt that I was small for dates so she measured me and said that I was measuring the size of a 27weeker and that baby felt small so has requested me to have a growth scan to rule out IUGR.

When they tested my water they found a trace of protein and have asked me to go back to clinic next week too to be checked again. And in the mean time I have to closely check babies movements, my tightenings, make sure I don't have any loss down there, etc.

So now I'm all worried even more. My own stupid fault for falling on the bath I guess. :roll:

sorry to hear that, you always have so much drama!!

thought your doc said your baby was big a few weeks ago?? when are you having your scan? that will put your mind at ease, post the piccys! they will be amamzing at this stage

Aw no Sami how worrying.

If it's any help, I was small for dates with my first, and had to have LOADS of extra monitoring. They worried the hell out of me by saying they would induce me to have him early and he would go into an incubator etc. When he was born he was 8lb 6!!!!
My midwife was saying measuring with a tape measure is not very accurate compared to a scan. The baby might have dropped a little bit, or be in a different position to last time so you look smaller.

I was actually thinking of you the other day.. I look after kids for a living, and one little baby came in, she was gorgeous but tiny... her mom's waters broke at 28 weeks and she was born at 34 weeks. She didn't need any extra care at all in the hospital, she's just small, and VERY cute!

Sami

So sorry to hear that you had a fall. Glad the hospital were so thorough with you though.

Dont worry bout the Protein in your water, I have had that on and off all the way through the pregnancy. Was clear at midwifes yesterday. :0) Just keep up your water intake, that will help.

As for the size, they dont always get it right. Like Urchin said, many people have been told they are having tiny babies only to have huge babies and vice versa. Will be interesting to see what mine is because Ive been told by every midwife and Doctor that this is a "big Baby".

Take care and no more falls !!!

Ragna xxxx

layla said:
sorry to hear that, you always have so much drama!!

thought your doc said your baby was big a few weeks ago?? when are you having your scan? that will put your mind at ease, post the piccys! they will be amamzing at this stage

tell me about it - wish I didn't.
She said baby was a 'good size' whether that meant big or small I don't know. I feel huge but obv I just have never been this PG before so I wouldn't know.

Thanks Urchin and Ragna - I'm not too stressed about the scan - all I keep thinking is that I'm not measuring that small really and that at least I shall get to see my baby again which will be so cool at this stage :) Hope to get some good pictures this time. Going to find out the sex of baby for definate just incase I've been saying 'he' all this time and it's a she!! :lol:

You poor thing! I feel so sorry for you. Again! :cry:

If its any consolation. A mum of a mate of mine at work fell flat on her face from standing up at nine months pregnant and she was completely fine afterwards and baby was born normally.

I'm still terrified of it happening though.

Best of luck at your appointment today

they said you were small but a good size at the same time? confusing! they dont sound very clear at your hosptial hun so they, no wonder you are worried :(

layla said:
they said you were small but a good size at the same time? confusing! they dont sound very clear at your hosptial hun so they, no wonder you are worried :(

LOL no my community midwife said I was a good size but the hospital yesterday said I was small - I'm confuising myself don't worry. I think they are just fussing really to be honest!

well at least you get to see your little one again on a scan, im having my growth scan next thursday, the piccys are going to be amazing i hope!

when are you having yours?

just seen this post sami - hope you and bubs are ok??

yeah I read that'll be cool to see them so much bigger won't it :)

They want to try and fit me in today but I'm waiting for a call to let me know so it could be today, but it might be Monday. x

Oh Sami - what a nightmare you're having.

Try not to worry about the size thing too much. There are so many stories of people being told they're having a big/small baby and then having the opposite. Having been told mine's the size of a small whale I tell myself this all the time.

I did exactly the same thing on Sunday getting out of the bath but somehow managed to pirouette (no idea how but became agile for first time in 7 months), get my balnace back and then nearly did the splits on the wet bathroom floor and landed on my bum. I pulled a muscle in my leg and stretched a few ligaments but was otherwise ok.

I think our centre of gravity has been completely put out by our oversized tummies.

Hope you feel better soon and let us know how you get on.

Thank you Petchy yeah we are fine today thank you - just feeling a little daft!
LOL Thanks Louise - glad to know I'm not alone in that one!!

Sami, you must be so worried. Things will work out, you have just had a rough ride like me. When I fell on Sat bump never moved for hours, and has slow movement since which they are still monitoring. Don't worry, and don't beat yourself up about it. As for the size, well this is a topic that frustrates me, I mean how do they know what size is "normal", everyone's shape is different so I hate when they say your below "average" size.

Big hugs sent your way Sami, and as hard as it is, don't get stressed. Let us know how you get on.

Your in my thoughts hun ;o) xxxx

Aww Sami {{{hug}}} I hope it all goes ok next week you poor thing :(

Generally now I call DH out to help me out the bath :oops: As I'm so terrified of slipping.

Think I'm gonna do the same Rosieroo!!
BTW - you still on msn? Not seen you around lately x

:oops: I am but have been so bloody busy with these bath bombs, haven't been getting to sit down with DH some nights til 10pm and gone after putting together orders. Am sat here with wet hair and in my pants, got to get ready for Parentcraft and do last night's tea dishes :oops: :oops:

So sorry to hear about your fall, etc Sami!!
I've had two falls during this pregnancy and it made me worry like hell. I'm sure you're going to be just fine - look after yourself now and rest as much as possible!
Thinking of you........ :)
Emilia xx

rosieroo said:
:oops: I am but have been so bloody busy with these bath bombs, haven't been getting to sit down with DH some nights til 10pm and gone after putting together orders. Am sat here with wet hair and in my pants, got to get ready for Parentcraft and do last night's tea dishes :oops: :oops:

LOL you sound like bless you - just washed up last nights dishes now :oops: Hopefully chat soon

Thank you Emilia - trying to think of the positives now and that at least the hospital are checking me out properly which is good.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back