monitors with sensor pads users

ozzy

Reaction score
LO is 8 months old now and we are still using the TT monitor with sensor pad which goes under the mattress. I just woundered when you stopped using the monitor or intend to stop?
many thanks xx

I'm still using mine and I'm not ready to stop yet!

It'll probably be ticking away when she's 16!

Charlie still has his on in his cot and he will be 2 in october :oops: I figure that whilst he is in there then i may as well use it, He will be going into a bed after xmas and i will have to reluctantly give it up then, my hubby thinks i am mental!!

HAHA, Im the same... soon as hes in his bed, ill have to give it up, til then... its not moving!! :)

swan1 said:
Charlie still has his on in his cot and he will be 2 in october :oops: I figure that whilst he is in there then i may as well use it, He will be going into a bed after xmas and i will have to reluctantly give it up then, my hubby thinks i am mental!!

Christopher is 2 in november and im still using my sensor mat to :wink: i tried not using it one night and i couldnt settle so had to put it back on :wall: :wall:

im not ready to give it up yet but he is going in to a bed in the next month or so...then ill stop using it :cheer: :hug:

oh good. so its not just me then!!! i thought i was a bit too paranoid for still using it.
I guess i will have to stop one day but im definatly not ready yet.
its just cos it went off the other night and i jumped up ,ran into the room and he was curled in the cornor of the cot sleeping fine. I may have to reposition it in the cot. :think:
xx

Can I pick your brains? I've been thinking about one of these, but do they have alot of false alarms? I'm concerned they could make me more paranoid!

Thanks

Lisa

ive never had a false alarm on mine and thomas moves around alot
xx

ive had a few false alarms
and i shit myself, but id rather have a few false alrms
than not use it at all

samandbump said:
ive had a few false alarms
and i sh*t myself, but id rather have a few false alrms
than not use it at all

same here you took the words right outa my mouth :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I probaly will only stop going into a big bed

Puts my mind at ease

the alarm went off again at 4.30 am !!!! i jumped up ran in and he was fine , he was up the other end of the cot and turned himself round. i dont know what to do now !!! i dont want to stop using it , the alarm never went off in the crib only now he is in the cot
is anyone else having this problem ? :wall:

No, and we tested it... is the pad in the middle of the cot/cot bed.

Thats where ours it, we put LO all the way at the top, then took himout - alarm went off. Putt him all the way at the bottom, took him out - allarm went off. Works fine. Never had a faulse alarm, I cant imagine what your heart was doing!!! :hug:

ozzy said:
the alarm went off again at 4.30 am !!!! i jumped up ran in and he was fine , he was up the other end of the cot and turned himself round. i dont know what to do now !!! i dont want to stop using it , the alarm never went off in the crib only now he is in the cot
is anyone else having this problem ? :wall:

We had the same a few weeks ago, but we're using it in her travel cot and her wriggling had moved it slightly so it wasn't flat. Panic is not the word!!

In the instructions to our angelcare monitor it recommends putting a thin peice of ply wood between the sensor and the cot if the cot has a slatted base. Have you tried that?

I stopped using Isaac's when he was about 11months old I think, and that was only because we had some issues and his cot ended up being pushed up to our bed with the side off, so the sensor pad wouldn't have worked. I've not used one with Ophelia, and must say I do worry quite a bit, I think the sensor pads are great and I don't think there's any time you should stop using them by, just when you;re ready :)

We still use ours... its more just to watch the little green light flash on and off because I always forget to turn the bloody thing off when I pick lil miss up for boob at night, and then it scares the hell out of me because the alarm is so high pitched and I've usually just started to drift off.. :rotfl: :rotfl:

she moves around loads in her cot now so I don't know how effective it really is but it will probably remain in place for the foreseeable future. :D

thanks everyone. p

Last edited:
We stopped at about 12 months as she used to pull the wire from the sensor back into the cot and I thought that would more likely be the cause of an accident.
I thought I would have sleepness nights without it but I've never looked back.

Re false alarms, never had one until right towards the end when she was moving around alot more and was stood right at the far end of the cot. I would sound a note of caution though in that i noticed when I was stood by the moses basket, but not touching it, it picked up my heartbeat, presumably through the fllorboards. They are incredably sensitive, so shouldn't be used with mobiles or anything else which would move in the cot.

tb261 said:
On the subject of monitors, do you all use the mat type monitors?

We've been looking at this type of monitor, and wondered if anyone else was using something similar, or knew anyone that was?

http://www.snuza.com/snuza-halo.php

im using the tommee tippee one with sensor pad , but i have heard of respisence monitor which does a similar thing to snuza and is attached to the nappy. i guess this kind of thing is good when you are on the go and in a car seat etc if you are worried. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back