Travel cots and movement monitors

Roo3

Reaction score
I've been invited to go away this weekend with my LO. My Dad has a travel cot I can use but am wondering if the movement sensor pad on my monitor will work properly or will I need some plywood to go under the mattress so the pad is on a firm surface?
If I need plywood then won't the matress be a bit hard as it's only thin? I could pad it out by using a fleece blanket as a sheet I guess.
I'm only going to go if I am happy that my monitor will work properly and that LO will be comfy sleeping on that matress.
What do you all do when you go away? x

I have an extra mattress for my travel cot as i thought the thing that came with it was to thin, I used my monitor under the mattress but above the one that came with the cot. I ran the cable down the corner of the bed away from Isla.

we didn't use our sensor pad with travel cot and went away a lot. The mattress is quite thin but he was/is fine with it. x

I don't really want to buy a mattress for it becuase he won't be using it that much and only for 2 nights this weekend if I go away.
I won't feel happy to go if I can't use the sensor pad on the travel cot so I think I'll have to take the monitor to Dads and test it before I make my mind up!

I've only used my travel cot 5 times in nearly a year. She slept so well on it I'm glad I bought it. I can't stand sleeping on a hard mattress, but thats just me xx

I've used them together without extra mattress and it all worked fine hun!
XxX

Lucas did not like the thin mattress that came with the travel cot. He was up every hour and tossing and turning when he usually sleeps through. We bought another mattress for it which was nice and thick. He slept through on it then. xx

I've used them together without extra mattress and it all worked fine hun!
XxX

Did you use any plywood under the matress or just put the monitor under the thin matress? xx

I just put under the mattress, worked just as well as in his normal cot!
XxX

Lucas did not like the thin mattress that came with the travel cot. He was up every hour and tossing and turning when he usually sleeps through. We bought another mattress for it which was nice and thick. He slept through on it then. xx

Glad it's not just me! Isla slept through on her new mattress as well but not on the other one x

Matthew didn't like his so he has a fleece blanket doubled up on top of mattress and under sheet! He loves it now!
XxX

I wouldn't worry too much. If its in the middle where the most support is underneath it'll be fine. If in doubt, try it before you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back