Moniters with sensor pads

xkikix

Reaction score
Hi Mums,

I think the baby moniters with a sensor pad are a great idea and am thinking of getting one tomorrow.

However, can they be used in a moses basket? Some people say yes others no.. If you used a sensor pad in a moses basket which moniter did you buy?

I'm thinking of getting the angelcare digital one or the tommee tippee one.

Ta muchly! :D

We have the Tommee Tippee Monitor with sensor pad..We haven't used it because Ella is still in her Moses basket next to our bed. With our Monitor, you can't use it in the Moses because the wire would be dangerous as it would have to go over the sides..there's no kind of hole in the basket to thread it through. I'm not sure about the Anglecare one, there are people on here who have them though.

I'm such a panicker i'd want to use it with the sensor pad straight away!

Thanks for your reply hun![/quote]

I have the tommee tippee one and it is fantastic. I didn't have it when he was in the moses basket as he slept next to me so I could check on him but when he moved into his own room I couldn't sleep and with the panic monitor I actually sleep properly! Worth every penny in my view.

I used an angelcare movement mat in James' moses basket without any problems. I just had the wire trailing over the side at the bottom of the basket. I don't think a newborn would have the co-ordination skills to grab it.

I've got the new digital model for the new baby and plan to use it in the moses basket again.

I have the babysense one.

I got it from http://www.babymonitorsdirect.co.uk/ as part of a package with the BT Digital.

I used it in the moses basket with Mhairi, the wire comes out the bottom and you can tuck it in under the mattress.

I've never had any problems with it and wouldn't sleep without it!

I use it in the carrycot now, as she has grown out of the basket, but still in my room. It'll be going into the cot when she moves into her own room. I'm now looking for a video monitor (yes, i am paranoid! :roll: ) so that I can see the reassuring green light when she is in her own room!

xxx

i have a nanny moniter, the mat fits nicely under the moses basket matteress and is uber sensitive. We once had our ds in his moses basket in his cot and the mat was underneath the cot matteress and it still worked.

We've used the Tommee Tippee one everytime Isaac's been in either his moses basket or cot since birth until now :lol: It's always worked fine and I wouldn't be without it :hug:

Brilliant - sounds good to me!!

To those of you who have the tommee tipee one - did you get the one which is about £55 (argos do this one) or there's one which is over £100 and they both seem very simular..

:D

I got the same version that Mothercare do for £110 from TK Maxx for £70.

I can't see much of a difference between it and the Argos one though. I think you should call Tommee Tippee and ask what the differences are to help you decide.

we used the tommee tippe in the moses, we thread the wire through so it was safe.

I have the tommie tippee version. We've used it from day one because lil miss went straight into a cot... I think moses baskets were a waste of nearly 200€ just for a few weeks use.

However if she had been in the moses basket...its only made of a rush type material... and the wire is so thin, I'd just have poked a hole in the base of the basket with a knitting needle and threaded it through... :D

xkikix said:
Brilliant - sounds good to me!!

To those of you who have the tommee tipee one - did you get the one which is about £55 (argos do this one) or there's one which is over £100 and they both seem very simular..

:D
it depends if you want a baby monitor and the sensor pad in one as the one from mothercare has both. i have the mothercare one and i think its great its very sensitive too. it has a seperate monitor if you are in a different room which flashes babys every movement.if you want just the sensor pad only then the argos one will be fine. i put the pad under babys matress in crib and i also use it in the pram during the day , i just put the pad on a dinner place mat so that the sensor pad is on something hard so u could always do that for the moses basket. shop around as boots and mothercare had it on offer 4 weeks back .

i had the tommee tippee one it was great cos otherwise i knew i would be up and down every 5 mins :lol: it was hard breaking away from it though i was still using it up until he was 7 months old! :lol:

i didnt get one of those im not sure how reliable they are and i'd hav a heart attack if the alarm ever went off! im sure that happened to someone on here recently their baby rolled off the sensor. cant remember who it was now? :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back