• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Monitoring - what do they do?

coco_cukoo

Reaction score
Do you just call the MW if you're concerned with movements? My MW's phone is always off for some strange reason!! Do they do anything other than just monitor baby, i.e. blood pressure, urine etc? Xx

Ring labour ward if your concerned. Generally they check urine and bp. Then put you on the monitor for 20mins to monitor babys heartrate, you have a button to press when you feel movement.

Please don't hesitate to get checked out if you have reduced movement, better to get checked and told all is fine than leave it x
Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

Yeah hon please just get it checked out. Phone the Ward. They'll do bp, urine and ctg. They'll check position too as obviously that can affect feeling movement. Let us know how you get on xx

This happened to me a few weeks back and I called midwife who told me to go up the hospital and they put heart monitor machine on me for half an hour to check everything was okay. x

Thanks girls, just got back from hosp! They monitored him for 20 mins, was an awkward little thing though - they had to hold the monitor on my belly! He did 8 movements so must have been woken up from all their prodding. It's definitely put my mind at rest :) xx

Brilliant, glad to hear it. It's so good when you get a jiggle on the monitor, totally puts your mind at ease. My last ctg he/she was having a little party, and the volume on the monitor was turned up so loud that the midwives were all laughing at the constant movement! Definitely made a change from the ones I had before that.
Hopefully you won't get another scare again hon, we're getting so close!! xx

Yeah I'm hoping not! MW said he was so hard to get hold of cos she thinks he's back to back! Noooooo!! Fingers crossed he's not cos 1st MW didn't think he was. At least now I know what they do I feel confident enough to go back if needs be. I know, can't believe how close we are now. I do want him to come soon but I'm sure I'll go over :( xx

yep phone the hospital n they will tell u to come in to b monitored x

oops just seen u been glad all is well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back