Advice for High Blood Pressure. :0)

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Ragna, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Ragna

Ragna Well-Known Member

hiya all

Well got this far fit healthy and no problems so really chuffed.
    But have now developed High Blood pressure (140/90 today) Been like this for several days and it wont go any lower than that. Also Got a trace of Protein in my urine, but have done for weeks now, and never more than a trace. Obviously they are concerned bout Pre-eclampsia, hence the constant checks.
    Question is this...Apart from Rest, is there anything I can do to lower Blood pressure??
    Anyone else have a trace of protein...and do you know why people have trace??
    Brenty is also Transverse as I thought. Head is lying to my right (little horror) But think there is plenty of time for him/her to move.

Thanks all
    Ragna xx

2. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

Hi

I had high blood pressure with Amy towards the end, i was in and out of hospital for days at a time, they did blood tests to check for pre eclampsia.

To be honest they didn't give me any advice on lowering blood pressure!! i would imagine your blood pressure goes up cos of all the excess strain your body is going through, so i don't know if anything would bring it down.

:D :D :D