Disaster of a day :-(

ema-lou24

Reaction score
1st of all wake up and remember its my papas birthday but also the anniversary of his death. Emotional mess is an understatement. Drop wee man at school and concentrate on getting sorted for my regular hospital appointment.

Turn up and I get put on the CTG monitor as normal, BP taken and urine sample given. BP fine, urine had a slight trace of protien but not worried.

While on the CTG machine, they discover that my Blob wasn't moving as much a they like. I told them I noticed a decrease in movements last night but not severe enough to ring in concerned. Keep me on the monitor for a while and give me ice cold water and biscuits to try waken baby up a bit. Then they take me for a growth scan as planned and they notice that even during scan she's not for playing ball, so I get put back onto the CTG machine, still no change.

Meet with consultant, talk about my diabetes for a while and decide to up my dosage. All hunky dory.
Then, he tells me that fluid around baby has diminished, implying that the placenta isn't working aswell as it should do, but when they checked cord on scan, the blood flow was fine so that contradicts itself, so he's a wee bit confused. Asked if I felt I had been damp down below at all, I explained that I have been but still, not enough to feel concerned or the need for a pad, although when I had a wee earlier, felt a bit more came out than should if that makes any sense.
So I've to go back in on friday for more monitoring.

Has anyone else had this? He said her heart rate was good, but lack of movements was worrying and if I feel they decrease anymore from now till Friday I've to phone in and speak to someone.
I'm now thinking worst, what is the fluid levels are low, will they bring her out now?

Any advice would be helpful xx

I havent experianced this hunny but didnt want to read and run, i hope everything goes well on Friday, let us know. Massive :hug: x x

Omg sounds terrifying! Really hope your both ok! Keep us updated!

Sorry have no personal experience. Just keep an eye on baby and try to rest as much as possible. I am sure all will be fine. Good they are keeping an eye on you Hun. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back