Mom said!

this has got quite heated now hasnt it. i think that there are a range of different people with different circumstances and each is unique. as was mentioned previously it would be a boring place if we were all the same.

my circumstances are a bit different. other than family i would not let anyone look after our children so DH stays at home as he cant plaster for the foreseeable future and i go to work. we do get working tax benefit, but as i work my taxes go towards this.

i dont agree with people staying at home that just cant be bothered to work regardless if they have children or not.

until the prices of nurseries come down then you will probably find that it isnt financially beneficial for people to work.

Sami said:
K X said:
My taxes shouldn't have to bring up peoples kids. I have to work so why shouldn't other people? :roll:

Yes but don't forget, your taxes also help to pay for the fact my son has sleep apnoea and gets a disability benefit, and I get paid to be a full time carer because registered child carers won't have him! It doesn't just pay for people not to work because they are bums.

I know what you're trying to say but it's an argument easily slung about about taxes paying for people who don't work.

I'd be more worried about our taxes paying for the immigrants Tony Blair has lost from prisons in England who weren't deported.

Illegal immigrants don't get any benefits, plus they were in prison so definately won't get benefits so I wouldn't worry about them taking any money.

I agree with Kx and budge, ,my mum used to say the same thing to me, and whilst I do believe it is a choice whether you are a SAHM or a working mum, you should be able to support your self. I am lucky, OH has manged to get a good contract so I can afford to work part time at the moment.
Hope you get the answers soon babygurl, it must be horrible not knowing whats happening :hug:

I put my daughter to a nursery 3 days per week and we pay £500 out of our wages for it-we get £11 a week tax credit help-woo pee.If people can afford to stay at home, good for them, its better if u can, but for people like me who cant, and have to pay out so much for childcare, forgive me for feeling bitter about people choosing to stay at home to claim benefits when there is nothing wrong with them or their children. This was what the conversation was about originally.

OH and I are away from Rebecca from 7am (ish) til 6, its life, but its what we have to do to survive. :wall:

jo said:
Kina said:
Thank god I'm not the only one. It's wrong, pure wrong. As I have said b4, Id love to be a SAHM but I was raised that you want something you work for it, and Rebecca will be raised with these values.
I was raised with the same values and just because I am a SAHM it doesn't mean that my daughter wont be. I choose to stay at home and bring her up because I can. When she's at school I will get a part-time job then to fit in with her hours. I get the same as everyone else, child benefit and child tax credit of around £12.50 a week therefore I think it's unfair to assume all mothers that are at home with their babies are on benefits. We can just manage on DH's salary and if we couldn't he would get another job to make sure we could and that I could bring her up.

We are in exactly the same position, if things get tight maybe i will get an evening job, i have never claimed benifits at ll
But if i did surely i would be entitled as i have paid tax aswell

I don't think that SAHM are on benefits, in fact I assume that the majority of SAHM's are able to do so through their partners wages. And yes I agree that you should be able to claim benefits if you need to, but my gripe are those few that do use benefits to stay at home, I just think its unfair that I have to go to work to afford stuff and I pay taxes which enable a select few to stay at home with their child.

The ones that really annoy me r the ones around me that i know r 15/16/17 and hang around in the village all day drinking and swearing wearing all the latest cloths with their babies in the prams with all the best cloths on who all claim benifits because it was the easy way out, and i know not all young mums r the same, i know some really good ones too.

beanie said:
jo said:
Kina said:
Thank god I'm not the only one. It's wrong, pure wrong. As I have said b4, Id love to be a SAHM but I was raised that you want something you work for it, and Rebecca will be raised with these values.
I was raised with the same values and just because I am a SAHM it doesn't mean that my daughter wont be. I choose to stay at home and bring her up because I can. When she's at school I will get a part-time job then to fit in with her hours. I get the same as everyone else, child benefit and child tax credit of around £12.50 a week therefore I think it's unfair to assume all mothers that are at home with their babies are on benefits. We can just manage on DH's salary and if we couldn't he would get another job to make sure we could and that I could bring her up.

We are in exactly the same position, if things get tight maybe i will get an evening job, i have never claimed benifits at ll
But if i did surely i would be entitled as i have paid tax aswell

I don't think that SAHM are on benefits, in fact I assume that the majority of SAHM's are able to do so through their partners wages. And yes I agree that you should be able to claim benefits if you need to, but my gripe are those few that do use benefits to stay at home, I just think its unfair that I have to go to work to afford stuff and I pay taxes which enable a select few to stay at home with their child.

Ok i think we need to agree that there is people out there who take the P claiming benifits and staying home, but i get the feeling a lot of us on here rely on our partners wages or do need to work and i have no gripes with that either

There is someone near me for example who has 3 boys all complete tearaways and he gets more money in a month than wee do and that annoys me, I know for a fact that he tell his youngest boy to act out when the health/social people are there and as a result he has had his benifits extended :x
I think that people like that is what KX was talking about (correct me if i am wrong :) )

I feel we need to agree to disagree on this issue othwise it could get horrible

Truce? :hug:

Phew yeah Jo, not the SAHM's that are at home and partners out working etc.... :hug:

Would a zebra be confused if it looked at a zebra crossing??
nowarforoil.gif

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Possibly Dionne, why?

OMG you won't beleive how much i am lauging right now
So random :rotfl: :rotfl:

dionne said:
Would a zebra be confused if it looked at a zebra crossing??
nowarforoil.gif

ah but would it be more or less confused then a pelican looking at a pelican crossing???

Where do u get these from Dionne? :shock:

Can I just double check something Babygurl?

You're 15 and ttc and live in America? And how old is your bf if you don't mind me asking? :)

We want fairy, we want fairy! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

il give you all a laugh..if i go back to work and take J with me (to the nursery) and pay for his nursery fee's straight out of my wages, with the 30% discount i get...

I will be earning a massive...
wait for it

waiitttt......

waittt......

£2.75 a day :rotfl: So we will be living on Alans wages luckily we get enough from that and hopefully i will be able to do a part time college course :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back