mohammed teddy bear *edit* poll added

I also agree with PP... You can't believe in God and not believe in the Devil and vice a versa... It used to really annoy a friend of mine who was a Satanist... when I used to call him a reverse Christian... :rotfl: :rotfl: Can't believe in the Devil without believing in God... that would be contradictory and hypocritical... I believe in neither... :rotfl: I believe in many :rotfl:

I can't read some of the information on these posts, it goes way over my head. I'm not being rude but are some of you copying and pasting it off the interent or are you writing it from scratch off the top of your head? Unless I had degree's in science and knew the terminology thats been used I can't read the posts and I really want to know what they mean!!!! :rotfl:

lou said:
I can't read some of the information on these posts, it goes way over my head. I'm not being rude but are some of you copying and pasting it off the interent or are you writing it from scratch off the top of your head? Unless I had degree's in science and knew the terminology thats been used I can't read the posts and I really want to know what they mean!!!! :rotfl:

me too :shhh:

Anywhere in these posts were they are not my words I use "speech marks" and of I want to emphasis one "word" for example lol - so you can tell :D Im not pretending its me lol

PinkPunch said:
Anywhere in these posts were they are not my words I use "speech marks" and of I want to emphasis one "word" for example lol - so you can tell :D Im not pretending its me lol

Cool. Sorry its just me being thick. I didn't pay much attention at school, I was too busy sinning :wink:

wikipedia is great for getting info.................although to be fair squig did put the statements in quotes. Also have you been watching Dogma, I love the platypus line :rotfl: :rotfl:

A lot of PP arguments agaisnt evolution can be found on the numerous pro creation sites out there. I actually find the whole staurn rings thing very interesting.............waiting back to here from my mate (who has a degree in astrophysics) what his theory is on it.

Good debate though girls, I have been reading with an interest and an open mind (well as open as I can be!!) :D

Squiglet said:
Also the very nature of the debate is an art form. It is about the winning of arguments. It is not about the discovery of truth. There are certain rules and procedures to debate that really have nothing to do with establishing fact — which creationists have mastered. Some of those rules are: never say anything positive about your own position because it can be attacked, but chip away at what appear to be the weaknesses in your opponent's position. It is impossible to deny the creationist theory because, there is no science involved in it... no proof... other than a single document, that has been translated, interpreted, re interpreted, re translated, over and over and over again, for... and if creationists are right, over 6000 years. That's a lot of time for spelling mistakes and misinterpretations to happen. The bible on the mantle piece is not what Moses wrote...and that text has long since perished so there is no "proof" that Moses wrote what he did concerning creation and creationists can poke holes in another theory rather and preform experiments to back up their theories.

This is so true :clap:

For all the prophets and the law have prophesied until John. And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who was to come. (Matt. 11:13-14)

In the above passage, Jesus clearly identifies John the Baptist as the reincarnation of Elijah the prophet. Later in Matthew's gospel Jesus reiterates it.

And the disciples asked him, saying, "Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?"

But he answered them and said, "Elijah indeed is to come and will restore all things. But I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him, but did to him whatever they wished. So also shall the Son of Man suffer at their hand."
Then the disciples understood that he had spoken of John the Baptist." (Matt. 17:10-13)
You can't possibly believe that the bible has just stated a reincarnation :shock: No wonder you think it contradicts itself!

First of all, Elijah actually appeared with Moses AFTER John the Baptists death so he couldn't have changed his idenity.

So what does the passage mean then?

What jesus was saying was that what John did for Jesus was was Elijah was going to do for the Lord. Hes says that Johns role was the same as Elijahs.

Jesus says, “if you are willing to accept it, he is Elijah.” meaning that Johns indentification as Elijah wasnt predicted but instead it was the peoples reponses to his role. So really, for those who believed in Jesus, John funcationed as Elijah because they believed Jesus as Lord. For the religious leaders who didn't accept Jesus as Lord.. John the baptist didn't perform this role.

Infact.. lets ask John.. (lol)

John the Baptist Denies Being the Christ
19Now this was John's testimony when the Jews of Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him who he was. 20He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely, "I am not the Christ.[g]"
21They asked him, "Then who are you? Are you Elijah?"
He said, "I am not."
"Are you the Prophet?"
He answered, "No."

22Finally they said, "Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?"

23John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, "I am the voice of one calling in the desert, 'Make straight the way for the Lord.'

wikipedia is great for getting info.................although to be fair squig did put the statements in quotes.

Miss L, I've "quoted" everything I have pasted in and I haven't used wiki once :D Just incase that was aimed at me.

:hug:

But then what of the resurrection? Isnt that suggesting that there can be life after death?

Theres actually many many christians who do believe in re-incarnation and has been for thousands of years, along with many other religions. :think:

Theres actually many many christians who do believe in re-incarnation and has been for thousands of years, along with many other religions.
The amount of people believing it doesn't give it more credit im afraid.

A lot of PP arguments agaisnt evolution can be found on the numerous pro creation sites out there. I actually find the whole staurn rings thing very interesting.............
Im not trying to create somethng new here. Im being asked questions on my faith and in some cases its trying to be disproved and im standing up for my strong beliefs. These argurments have been going on for years so its no surprise that Im looking up texts and info.

PinkPunch said:
wikipedia is great for getting info.................although to be fair squig did put the statements in quotes.

Miss L, I've "quoted" everything I have pasted in and I haven't used wiki once :D Just incase that was aimed at me.

No hun it wasn't :hug: I was writing my post when you posted about your quotes............I'm too slow for you girls! :lol:

PinkPunch said:
A lot of PP arguments agaisnt evolution can be found on the numerous pro creation sites out there. I actually find the whole staurn rings thing very interesting.............
Im not trying to create somethng new here. Im being asked questions on my faith and in some cases its trying to be disproved and im standing up for my strong beliefs. These argurments have been going on for years so its no surprise that Im looking up texts and info.

Of course hun!! No one expects you to know the ins and outs of DNA and carbon dating! Bless you :hug: (in my own non religious sense!) Use the internet that why's its there.......Lou asked if you and squig were writing this stuff from your own knowledge, as in the scientific aspects :D

Can I just ask you something PP. You celebrate Harvest Festival in church don't you? Did you know that it is originally a pagan festival?

Some of the of the christian celebrations derived from pagan festivals:

xmas - Yule
easter - Ostara
harvest festival - Mabon

At the end of the day our celebrations are very similar.

A lot of very old churches are also built on pagan ground and in some churches there is even the symbol of the green man carved on the wall.

Also I would personally would say that Jesus performed a type of magick whereas christians see it as a miracle when he turned water into wine and fed the 5 thousand. Very similar.

So my question is why does every christian I encounter tell me that what I believe in is wrong and the devils work, when what I have stated above has derived from paganism?

kazlin said:
Also I would personally would say that Jesus performed a type of magick whereas christians see it as a miracle when he turned water into wine and fed the 5 thousand. Very similar.

.............this is not my view but an ex-boyfriends.
He believes that Jesus was a magician (magic not miracles) and bascially the greatest cult leader that ever lived.

Misslarue said:
kazlin said:

.............this is not my view but an ex-boyfriends.
He believes that Jesus was a magician (magic not miracles) and bascially the greatest cult leader that ever lived.

Now that makes sense to me :wink:

Just my opinion though :D

PinkPunch said:

Absolutely, as mislarue says thats what the internets for (well, among other things lol) and I for one dont think any less of your arguments, nor respect your opinions any less, just because you haven't recited everything from memory :)

I wasn't having a dig girls. I just wondered about the copying and pasting because I couldn't understand alot of it. :D

I love you all man 8)

midna said:
lou said:
I wasn't having a dig girls. I just wondered about the copying and pasting because I couldn't understand alot of it. :D

I love you all man 8)

I love you more but not in a hippy way 8) ..wheres my strap on. :think:

YEEEHAAAA!!!! Ride 'em cowgirl :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27