• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Moaning about my OH!

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Well I'm fuming about my OH this evening and need a rant - sorry girls!

I have cleaned and cleared up all day long and am tired and fat!

He did work all night on his night work which I fully understand he would need to sleep, (he is now off from tonight till tuesday again, so on the last shift tends to just catch a few hours in the morning to last him or ruin his sleep tonight).

So he decides to stay awake all day instead of catching some Zzz'z this morning, and instead he watches about 4 films on the tely and is wide awake for each, while I clean and cook and serve up!

I made home made chicken nuggets for lunch to use up some chicken and then a lovely roast dinner for new years day early tea which we ate at the table. He then said oh dear the washing up is back to square one tho! He promptly got down from the table while the kids were finishing up and I assumed he had gone to the loo. I found him on the bed asleep from about 3 pm and he is still there now!

so I then cleared the entire table, washed all the dishes and cooking stuff etc, no doubt when he gets up later I will be expected to serve him my fresh homemade rolls that I whipped up while making the roast!

I would love to see him at 9 months pregnant and treat him the same way!:whistle:

Sorry for the rant - Men! Are you OH's like this, just no brain in there....

Think I might down tools from now on!! He has it easy when I'm in hosp too - I even have made 4 family sized freezer dinners in the freezer for him all ready for his week with the kids and also have about 40 bread rolls for school lunches in there too! (I might just go and eat the lot now!!)

Last edited:
OMG you are fricking supermum! Homemade nuggets, rolls and cleaning with 3 kids and one in the oven?!

Go kick him in the balls babe! You deserve a hot bath and a foot rub.

Omg, youre amazing, I'd have left the lot and put my feet up! xxx

I would have just left the washing up, saved it for him when he woke up and reminded him you are 8 and a half months pregnant and need a break!! xx

My OH was similar to that early on in my pregnancy. I was so ill with HG and diarrhoea, working full time, keepingthe house and looking after 3 kids too. I was so exhausted that I actually left him and went to stay at my mums seriously considering ending the relationship. A week of looking after the kids alone made OH see the light and realise what I do for the family. After that he pulled his weight and helped me out much more and things are so much better now.

I realised that my mistake was making life so easy for him by doing everything myself. You should just go on strike and let him see what you do for him!

I realised that my mistake was making life so easy for him by doing everything myself. You should just go on strike and let him see what you do for him!

This is very true! most men will do as little as they can get away with - so if you do everything for him then who is he to argue with that? Having said that, my new hubby is better at cooking and housework than I am - he even does my ironing! I am very lucky, lol xx

Omg! You are super mum! Yes my OH can be like this! We have an 'i cook he washes up' agreement that usually ends up with him not washing up and ending up having loads to do when if he just did it after eating he'd have less to do! I refuse to do it though!

My dh is just the same jj...he can't even wipe the side after himself!! I get up early every mornin to get him up 4 work,iron his uniform and make his pack up. Today I walked into the kitchen and there was a manky wrapper off the dogs bone plus all the crap from it on the worktop,y he didn't put it in the bin I don't know.
He then announced that were still goin to his mums house,even tho we was there overnight on fri night (we only usually visit once a week) I haven't done any shoppin yet,my hips r killin me,I've just got myself ready to go out,sorted kids etc and cut my ex's hair whilst he laid on the sofa watchin the darts and now were all ready to go out he's sat on the bloody toilet!!!!

Last edited:
JJ! I have to echo the SUPERMUM yells for sure!
I'm lucky in that my OH does most things for me, although lately I've noticed a lot more is being left to me - still, nothing compared to what you do!
Give the DH a boot up the arse if it happens again! A cold wet dishcloth to the face should do the trick....

I would have left the washing up or said I didn't feel well and got him to cook the kids dinners and tidy up!! Go on Strike, or claim you feel unwell and need to rest up (surely he would understand this) and he will have to take responsibility for the kids. He needs to treat you with a ton more respect after all you are carrying his child!!I have to say my OH is good and we always do the house together, he has a son who we see regularly at our house and I will not clean up after his child all the time; sometimes he will forget and I have to remind him to help, but generally he is good. I would hit the roof if he did not help me with the house, I will leave the cleaning if I feel he has become lazy as I refuse to do it all myself; I can be just as lazy if I feel he is not helping. We both work full time and we need to work together xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back