moaning about morning sickness

itisbabytime

Reaction score
So, you may remember me saying how by bf was preggo. well i havent seen her in a few weeks as she has been poorly with morning sickness. We met for an early dinner as she was feeling better today and all she did was moan and moan and moan about how ill she was, how fed up she was, how unfair it was and on and on and on.

I was close to bursting, dont get me wrong, I feel terrible for her that she is feeling so shitty but god damn i would put up with nausea and spewing as it would mean i was preggo!

Maybe I am just bitter and jealous, well probabaly rather than maybe, but come on, she knows how much hubby and I want a baby.

Rant over :wall:

awww i wanna be sick!!!!!!

i must sound like a right cowbag!

Karma is going to get me for this when i finally get my bfp, I will be :sick: all day long!!

lol i bet i will be, saying i want morning sickness n all.
u did well not snaping at ur friend tho xx

Really annoying she must have lost a sensitivity chip! I think i would be minded to tell her how insensative that was especially if she knew you are ttc. I get irritated hearing people moan on face book about their symptoms. Some people don't have a bloody clue. Hugs hon. Love gizzy xxx

Aww I know what you mean tho. My friend who was ttc for 3 yrs still moaned about morning sickness (she did confess she felt bad moaning) however it was horrendous cos she couldn't keep breakfast or lunch down so I did feel bad for her. What annoys me more is now she's had the baby she says things like 'oh I don't have time for tv now' etc etc if I ask if she saw something on tv. Like oh my life is so full and wonderful I don't watch tv that's for sad childless people lol. Ok I know I'm being over sensitive but right or wrong I find it annoying! You're not alone there x

As someone who was a ltttcer/fertility issues I was guilty of moaning over morning sickness (even though I didn't suffer badly) she's probs not thinking things through very well and may have kicked herself afterwards. It's difficult to be sensitive and consider others when you are :sick: hope you have your own dose of morning sickness soon (in the nicest possible way) lol x

You should have just said "I'd love to have that problem, hun!" That isn't bitter - just reminding her how lucky she is, even if she feels awful - and reminding her that lttttc isn't nice either!

xxx

As someone who was a ltttcer/fertility issues I was guilty of moaning over morning sickness (even though I didn't suffer badly) she's probs not thinking things through very well and may have kicked herself afterwards. It's difficult to be sensitive and consider others when you are :sick: hope you have your own dose of morning sickness soon (in the nicest possible way) lol x

haha me too ;)

You should have just said "I'd love to have that problem, hun!" That isn't bitter - just reminding her how lucky she is, even if she feels awful - and reminding her that lttttc isn't nice either!

xxx

if she does i might make a light joke of it, last thing i want to do is upset her when she is feeling like ass.

Thanks everyone

You are not a cow bag at all! I would have had to have said something! People just don't think sometimes.

Gizzy Kelly- I know what you mean about people on Facebook moaning about pg symptoms or their babies keeping them up at night! I would love to have that, they don't know how lucky they actually are!

It's one of those double edged things...

I think it's thoughtless for her to just whinge on when she knows that you really wish you could experience what she is going through but i think you'd be upset if you realised that she was not speaking freely because she was scared of upsetting you too.

I think on a bad day things can upset us and on a different day the exact same thing wouldn't even register :)

Saying something like mrspc suggested is what i think i would have done.

You're definitely not a cow bag ;)

Last edited:
Well if it helps, I've been ttc for the most part of 20 years due soon with 1st and was sick as a dog up to 12 times a day from 6-21 weeks, bedridden for 8 weeks, even I moaned :( xx

Well if it helps, I've been ttc for the most part of 20 years due soon with 1st and was sick as a dog up to 12 times a day from 6-21 weeks, bedridden for 8 weeks, even I moaned :( xx

OMG 20 years! Congrats on the baby, wow!! i think being bedridden and sick that often allows you to moan :)

I think we all do...

...I sometimes realise I'm moaning about DH keeping me awake at night or being annoying or something to my best friend and how must that feel as she's single...

...or I moan about not being able to afford something like a holiday and then realise someone I'm with has been saving 5 years for a house deposit and still has a long way to go...

...I'm worried that when we're having IVF I'll moan on here about the side affects and it won't be fair as other people will be waiting desparately for that treatment...

Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt any less when we hear it though :(

well put! i just needed some perspective and you have done it! thanks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back