Mmc

The vacuum is the mva and an easier and less uncomfortable procedure. Thats what i had. If you cope with smears then you should be fine. Are you having internal this fri? Not sure if i read your post correctly? I had internal before procedure and then after to check it had all gone. Im glad your not starting your job till thurs. This will give you a bit of time to adjust. I felt physically ok but looking back should have not gone in the first part of this week as been distracted and not really wanting to be around people. Im hoping i will feel better about things next week. DH is away a week on fri (the day i could ovulate on) so hoping we get chance to dtd before he goes and when he gets back. He is only away one night thankfully. DTD will be on basis bleeding has completely stopped! Doing the walk and run did help to clear my head a bit....cant stop thinking about everything at the moment...DH finds it easier i think than i do! Keep wanting to research more but running out of things to look up lol! If you read anything else.....then let me know! x

Last edited:
Yes internal this Friday just to check there is no further development in the pregnancy. That's good that u should ovulate so quick! Hopefully you get to dtd and get a sticky bean. I don't have a clue about ovulation etc as I have never had to track it before. R u still getting positive tests? Hopefully next week will be more positive for u. I no what u mean men don't really understand how we feel about it or the stress we endure during the first trimester but hey ho x

Did you have a 2nd scan to confirm no heartbeat? I thought that was standard? Are the doing internal to see if you are mc on your own or to see if complete? I didnt really track ovulation but reckon it happens around cd12-16 roughly so if i do ovulate....dtd from tues 3rd (cd12) might be worth it. I fid one hpt on monday but still really strong lines. Will do another one fri. I wonder if you can still ovulate if you are just very lighy spotting?? I knoe they say no dtd until bleeding stopped but does that mean....completely stopped or is spotting ok as not bleeding?? Feel ready to dtd but still spotting and dont want to tire DH before tuesday!! Lol!

No just a second midwife who confirmed it was only 6 weeks but they told me to have an internal which is on Friday. I no it's gone though as there was no blood flow in the sac and the dates r way out they also gave me miscarriage leaflets. The internal is to confirm no heartbeat or growth. Well I read about a girl who got pregnant the week after a miscarriage so I would say u r good to go and get some practice in haha! There is no harm in trying I don't think the spotting will change much but there isn't much info on that just people's stories and I have read loads that pregnant a week or two after. Let me no how the test goes on Friday x

Ive read people ovulate as early as 8 day post mva. I will be dtd if just very light spotting. Im just worried on case i get infection as supposed to use contraception! Hopefullt spotting settles by wkd...its only weds! Will keep my fingers crossed that hpt is negative but really dont think it will be! How strange is it to want a negative preg test??!! I feel the whole process of ttc, early pg, lossor continuing to term is all one big waiting game! Dont want to wish my life away but want my hcg to be gone so i can start again! How are you feeling today?

Ive bee prang every month after my mc, They have all ended sadly, but its possible x

Thanks lulla. I hope you get a sticky one soon. Would you mind if i ask you how long it took after mc to conceive again? Was it literally the following month or did you wait for one af first each time? Did you wait until bleeding had completely stopped too. Im just lightly spotting but worried about infection so avoiding sex at the mo....even though we are ready! How are you feeling today? x

Last edited:
Just wanted to say that I hope you're all ok! I had a mmc in Jan 2014 and opted for d&c, I remember being so scared and then being woken by a nurse and being so relieved it was over. I hardly bled at all afterwards but waited a good 6 weeks for my period to come back. I can't remember when we first dtd afterwards. I hope everything goes smoothly for you all x

Thanks rainbow sorry to hear you went through it too. Hope you got your rainbow? X

Melly I didn't even know there was a risk of infection, did they tell u that at ur appointment? I no what u mean it's weird wishing for a bfn but u just want it to be over. I don't overly think it has sunk in for me yet and it won't until I bleed. Feel ok ATM no pain and still have a bit of nausea and def sore boobs which is annoying.

Lulla I really hope u get a sticky bean soon u have been through so much :(

Sorry to hear that rainbow I hope u have had some good news since x

Rach from the reading ive done it suggests that your cervix remains open whilst bleeding so as it is more sensitive, it increases the risk of infection. The Dr didnt tell me that after mva. She just said ttc when you feel ready. Altho this morning starting to feel a bit pessimiatic about conceiving. When we were ttc last year/early this years for several months...nothing! Was tracking ovulation etc etc. I caught whilst on holiday in july and we had given up ttc in march so was a massive, but lovely shock! I was drinking wine, espressos and not taking folic acid! So im worried that we wont conceive in the 6 month window we have allowed ourself. I need to draw a line under ttc at some point, esp being 42! So we said 6 months. Like you said rach, what will be will be....i just hope uts a bfp for us all on this thread. Trying to stay hopeful but having a wobble this morning.....and still bleeding....urgghh! Its only been 6 days since mva so i know average bleeding is 2 weeks but i wish it would hurry up! How are you feeling about it all? Annoying you still feel nauseous and have sore boobs....its just plain cruel! X

Last edited:
Melly if it makes u feel better I done exactly the same. We tried last year and I didn't even get a period in four months never mind a positive test which was a complete shock as we caught right away with our dd. Well anyway I went back on the pill and ended up pregnant on my break from the pill! I no it is easier said than done but I think from both of our experiences relaxation is key! Bad days r never great I had one yesterday so no how u r feeling. I found talking to people yesterday helped me so I am here if u need to vent. I'm sure u will get ur bfp very soon just keep ur chin up and maybe that glass of wine might help too lol x

Thanks rach. Your support is really helpful as no one, other than DH knows! Will probably feel positive again in an hour then negative by 12 noon and so on! Bloody hormones! Im here too hun for you x

Hi melly thanks I'll let u no how I get on. How has the rest of your day been? Feeling any better? X

Feel better thanks. Finished work for the week now so looking forward to time to myself tomorrow. Its been a long week. Keep feeling hopeful re ttc quickly and then not. Fluctuating constantly at the moment! I suppose i will feel loads better once bleeding has stopped and hpt is negative as this will mean we can start trying again! How have you been today? Any cramps/bleeding? Are you having a pre mva appt so they can take bloods and give you the misoprostol (the pill you take under your tongue) to soften cervix? Youll also get painkillers to take an hour before but i didnt feel any pain at all, even when the painkillers should have worn off. Hope your mva goes ok and you dont gets cramps either. Once its out the way its bizzarre how unpregnant you suddenly feel. Make sure you do something nice afterwards like go out for dinner and have a glass of wine as youll both need cheering up x

Glad to hear u r feeling better this afternoon. Hopefully your bleeding finishes up this weekend and u can get back to ttc. I honestly don't no what all they r doing tomoro they didn't tell me anything other than I need an internal scan to confirm. I'm guessing I will get more info at this appointment. Still no bleeding or cramping ATM so glad I have opted for mvc. My bloat has come down quite a bit tho so don't look as pregnant x

My bloat had too before mva. It was like my body just knew! My boobs remained larger but have noticed them reducing in size a bit over that couple of days! Hopefully they will give you all the info tom and give you pills either tom to take 3 hours before mva. Theres a chance theyll meet with you again before mva to do bloods and pills. Been reading on other thread about taking low dose asprin whilst ttc after a loss. Might be worth mentioning it to see if you should take it. Noone mentioned i should take it but then again i didnt know about it to ask! Might be worth you writing any questions you have down and take it with you as i had loads to ask but completely forgot after procedure done.Off out for a wee glass of wine in a bit for an hour. Hoping i wont be able to do this again soon! Not drinking whilst ttc. Altho i am a bit pathetic as can only really have one glass anyway on an evening!

Morning melly hope u enjoyed ur night out and wine. Yes I had read about the aspirin too so I'm going to mention it to them although don't know if me being rhesus negative will change things? I have no idea what to expect today just wish it was earlier than half 11 x

I hope it goes ok. Let me know how you get on. I have a few mild cramps abd more bleeding today! Thought it was sloeing down yesterday pm/eve! Our glass of wine out was nice but have a cold and sore throat now so was awake overnight! If my body hadnt already gone through enough already! Hope youre ok x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back