Mixed messages from my Husband

Billyette

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Opinions welcome! I have wanted a baby for about 5 years, which I have always made clear to my husband. The day after we married last year, he said he was ready to start a family, but since then he changes his mind with the wind! :roll: In January, I decided to come off the pill and told him that if he didn't want a baby, he would have to finally take responsibility for contraception. I've also got an ovulation calendar on his computer so he knows when I'm fertile, but he still never uses protection. If anyone questions him about starting a family, he says he isn't ready - so why isn't he trying to prevent me getting pregnant? I'm really confused! He is fantastic with my 3 year old nephew and would make a great dad. Has anyone got any advice?

maybe he would love a kid but is scared of the responsibility a child brings!! and has the theory if it happens it happens?

Hi Billyette

I think he may just be confused about the whole being a dad thing, my advice would be to ask him how he feels and if he has any worries becoming a dad.

It is scary becoming first-time parents but wonderful at the same time. x

It sounds to me like he is ready but ADMITTING it is what is scaring him.

Men usually aren't as vocal about women about wanting kids.....it's a big thing to say "I'm ready" when really he's scared and just trying to wait and see what happens.

It sounds like he might be saying that so if you dont get pg then people dont need to know you were trying. Men can be a bit sensitive about the whole getting their women pregnant thing and if people know you are trying and nothing is happening then he might feel less of a man.
I know its hard for you but he sounds insecure about it. Once you are pg you will see a whole different side to him, im sure.

lauramum01 said:
It sounds like he might be saying that so if you dont get pg then people dont need to know you were trying. Men can be a bit sensitive about the whole getting their women pregnant thing and if people know you are trying and nothing is happening then he might feel less of a man.
I know its hard for you but he sounds insecure about it. Once you are pg you will see a whole different side to him, im sure.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

My OH always said he did not want any kids. He knew i was not taking the pill, was not too happy at first when i told him i was pregnant but now he is a happy dad and he loves his little boy more than anything else!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back