Missed MC?

TeeUK

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm about 7 - 8 weeks. For the last week my symptoms have reduced to hardly any. Last Friday I had a little bit of brown discharge, since then everything seems to have come to a stand still. Boobs barely sore, only slight nausea now and again, no bloating, no backache, no twinges, no constipation, don't feel as tired as I did. I seem to have more energy and feel too good, I just don't feel pregnant any more :(

I had a missed mc about 5yrs ago and this is just how I felt. Had a scan at 11 wks and was told baby died at 8 wks. So I'm thinking it's happening again :(

Thing is I'm not due a scan for 6 weeks! The thought of going another 6 weeks is torture. I spoke to midwife and she said they won't scan unless I start bleeding or have pains. But on last mc I didn't have either untill about a week after scan so I just don't know what to think.

Has anyone thought they were having a missed mc but went on to have a healthy pregnancy.....just looking for a little bit of hope.

They say a mother always knows....what are your experiences?

Last edited:
If you are worried, I would deffo see your GP - I believe they will take this seriously due to your history.

If you need something more urgent, goto A&E and say that you have had spotting and loss of symptoms.

They took my spotting really seriously and I got a scan in a matter of days.

Hope you are ok, best wishes xxx

Lots of women stop having symptoms early and everything is fine...I'm a bit perplexed that your hospital doesn't offer a reassurance scan as you've had a missed miscarriage before (I've had two, though one wasn't a normal pregnancy anyway, it was a molar).

One thing you could try is hiring a doppler from about 9-10 weeks, but you may end up unsettling yourself more if you have difficulty finding the heartbeat, as is very common.I did it though, and got a heartbeat at about 9 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back