Miserable and fed up

Sophie_P

Reaction score
Trying to research the difference constantly between morning sickness and a stomach virus.
I still feel shit, i've had to pull a sickie at work.
Also, i've got a bloody piercing pain behind my eye which is making me want to cut my head off.
Worried about my bubs to incase something is wrong :-(
I know I need to drink more fluids and eat more but not got the energy :-(
Any advice ladies, i've got to go to work tomorrow x

Have you been to the doctors hun? They might be able to give you something or at least sign you off work. Hope you feel better soon x

Not pulling a sickie if you feel that bad. I can't bring myself to eat either, so this morning I made myself go to the supermarket. Got lots of fruit, cut it all up and just picking at it. Maybe try that?

Thats how i felt for a couple of wks or so, soz hun know thats not want you want to hear!!

I had to be signed off work and still am at the mo. If you feel that bad hun, just make sure you rest and drink what ever you can i had to just keep sipping water and juice.

So sorry you feel so crap tho hope it passes for you real soon.

Michelle. x

Oh dear Michelle work don't know yet that i'm pregnant, thinking I might have to tell them sooner oh no. I'm lying on the bed getting waves of sickness with my head still throbbing. Oh is gonna ask me what I want for dinner soon and my answer will be nothing. I just can't face it. I've got my driving test on wednesday too :-(

Sounds like how i was hun, i cudnt have gone to work. If you get signed off they dont have to know what for till you are ready. If you cant stomach much i recommend rich teas, toast and plain stuff like rice and jacket potatoes. I felt like death for ages so i know how awful and depressing it is but try to think it wont be foreva.

Take care.

Michelle. x

I've pulled my first sickie today!!

I couldn't get my fat ass out of bed- fortunately -my hubby pulled one to spend it with me too :lol:

Gonna try a rice cake and lucozade, still feel sick I can't get no relief as it won't come up x

Even when i had been sick it still didnt giv me any relief!!

Michelle. x

It still sounds like a severe case of morning sickness to me & the headache is probably from being dehydrated. TMI - when I had norovirus I barely moved from the bathroom and it was from both ends. It was almost to the point of being uncontrollable. But not drinking/eating isn't good for you or bean. You might wanna consider having some dioralyte hun to help keep you hydrated NHS website says no known probs in pregnancy says seek advice first) and if problem persists then speak to GP/Midwife. Big hugs xx

It still sounds like a severe case of morning sickness to me & the headache is probably from being dehydrated. TMI - when I had norovirus I barely moved from the bathroom and it was from both ends. It was almost to the point of being uncontrollable. But not drinking/eating isn't good for you or bean. You might wanna consider having some dioralyte hun to help keep you hydrated NHS website says no known probs in pregnancy says seek advice first) and if problem persists then speak to GP/Midwife. Big hugs xx

Thanks iWitch. My bowels are absolutely fine i'm not constipated or have diarreoah.
I'm thinking it's pregnancy related maybe I feel so guilty though for not being able to eat alot just lately my poor bean xx

Thanks iWitch. My bowels are absolutely fine i'm not constipated or have diarreoah.
I'm thinking it's pregnancy related maybe I feel so guilty though for not being able to eat alot just lately my poor bean xx

My friend suffered terribly too and was never sick either a think it finally did a bunk when she hit tri 2 xx

book a appot at your doctors ,try n sip water dont want to end up with dehydration x

Sending you a hug and hope you feel better soon. I would try to visit doctor xx also I ended up telling my line manager (not hr yet) that I was pregnant just to make it easier with taking time off for appointments, glad I did xx

I went to doc and just told her how i felt, it was awful and i cudnt go to work. She was lovely gave me sum tablets to try and stop me being sick and then signed me off. You gota rest hun. Defo make sure you keep drinking but if you can eat much dont worry the baby will get what it needs which is why you feel ruff as its taking it from you.

Michelle. x

Yeah I feel dead rough Michelle feel like I should be on a flipping drip or something, it's took me three hours to drink a bottle of Lucozade.
Gotta go work tomorrow as i've told them i'll be in. Just hope I get sent home.

Smiley- we haven't got a hr department, it's either telling the boss or nothing lol. Gonna book a doctors appointment tomorrow see what they say x

Yeah I feel dead rough Michelle feel like I should be on a flipping drip or something, it's took me three hours to drink a bottle of Lucozade.
Gotta go work tomorrow as i've told them i'll be in. Just hope I get sent home.

Smiley- we haven't got a hr department, it's either telling the boss or nothing lol. Gonna book a doctors appointment tomorrow see what they say x

What do I say to the doctor? Xx

You tell them that you're suffering from really bad morning sickness and ask him/her for a sick note for a couple of weeks.

Also, my midwife said that not eating much is okay (as long as you eat a bit each day) but you really must drink!! I know it's really hard to consume anything when you feel that bad, but you need to really focus on your fluid intake.

I tried lots of different things until I found something that didn't make me gag. At first it was ginger ale, then I went off that and started drinking blackcurrant, then that started making me feel sick and I switched to orange juice. Eventually I hated everything even remotely fruity and went back to just drinking water. But for a few weeks, those fruity things kept me drinking.

Keep trying different things until you find something you can stomach. Then when/if you go off it, try something else. It's all trial and error.

I hope you're feeling better soon. Thinking about snuggling with my baby always kept me going through the difficult days <3 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back