Fed up at work!!

sally105

Reaction score
Im totally fed up at work, my colleagues are awful.

The doctor signed me off work for 3 weeks over xmas as i was having severe abdominal cramps and i had to be scanned to make sure i wasn't having an ectopic on xmas eve. i was so worried and felt so ill with the pain, but luckily everything is ok.

there is another girl at my work who is just 20 weeks pregnant and when i came back to work, her and another colleague snapped at me and said "baby talk is banned in the office now, we're bored of it". So i know daren't speak about my pregnancy.

another colleague and i were chatting and she brought up me being pregnant. in the conversation i said "i just hope i start feeling a bit more myself after the 12 weeks" to which she replied, "most people just get on with it".

Am i taking things the wrong way or have the all got a problem?? I keep thinking im being paranoid. I get the feeling people think im stealing the other pregnant girls thunder. I hate being at work at the min as i feel they're all against me being pregnant. None of them understand the worry i went through that 3 weeks over xmas.

Sorry for the long post!! just keep wondering if im over reacting??

Oh my god what is WRONG with people?!

Right first things first: you are NOT stealing the other girl's thunder. Honestly. It's not like she bought a new car and you went and bought the same car. And anyone who thinks that sort f thing needs a slap. Pregnancy is not a fashion statement and you should not be made to feel guilty just because someone else 'got there first'.

The colleague who mention 'just getting on with it' has clearly either never been pregnant or has forgotten what it was like. It consumes pretty much every waking thought I have, makes me worry over every little twinge (even if I don't get twinges I worry I'm miscarrying) and it's pretty much all you can do once you find out you're expecting.

Hard as it sounds just refuse to let them get to you. Don't feel bullied into silence, if you're going for a scan, tell them so! Sod em. Surely the other pregnant woman will be interested or not shun you and if she's so selfish to want the limelight ll to herself then sod her too (ray of sunshine me :lol:). If you need to go and throw up and they roll their eyes at you when you get back from the loo just tell them how lucky they are that it's not THEM vomiting every hour on the hour.

This has made me quite angry I can't believe people have treated you like that!

Big hugs from me... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Honestly! :evil: :evil: :evil: :lol:

They sound shite and poo! :evil:

This is an emotional time and it would be nice if people were supportive.If your work colleagues aren't then we will be. Grrr.

Other then smelly work colleagues how you feeling now?

buddabun said:
Oh my god what is WRONG with people?!

Right first things first: you are NOT stealing the other girl's thunder. Honestly. It's not like she bought a new car and you went and bought the same car. And anyone who thinks that sort f thing needs a slap. Pregnancy is not a fashion statement and you should not be made to feel guilty just because someone else 'got there first'.

The colleague who mention 'just getting on with it' has clearly either never been pregnant or has forgotten what it was like. It consumes pretty much every waking thought I have, makes me worry over every little twinge (even if I don't get twinges I worry I'm miscarrying) and it's pretty much all you can do once you find out you're expecting.

Hard as it sounds just refuse to let them get to you. Don't feel bullied into silence, if you're going for a scan, tell them so! Sod em. Surely the other pregnant woman will be interested or not shun you and if she's so selfish to want the limelight ll to herself then sod her too (ray of sunshine me :lol:). If you need to go and throw up and they roll their eyes at you when you get back from the loo just tell them how lucky they are that it's not THEM vomiting every hour on the hour.

This has made me quite angry I can't believe people have treated you like that!

Big hugs from me... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Honestly! :evil: :evil: :evil: :lol:

Same here! What a bunch of morons :hug: :hug: :hug:

How dare they speak to you like that. I really cant believe it. I would not worry about how they are acting they are just being insensitive.. I know its hard but ignore them. They are not worth it. I worry too about everything.. I am sure that every time I go to the toilet I will mc and I have never been so worried about anything before. So your not alone :hug:

At the end of the day your work colleagues are just work colleagues. Your friends, family and your baby are all you need. Smile and talk about your baby as much as you want xxxx

Thank you all for you kind comments. I feel a lot better. I've decided that im not gonna make conversation with those people. if they want to talk to me, i'll talk back but they really aren't worth me wasting my breath.

Roll on maternity leave!! lol

Good on you :D An excellent attitude to take. Sod em :cheer:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

OMG that's just awful!!!! How can people be so evil?? :evil: As you say SOD EM and only talk to them if they talk to you, although it hardly makes a harmonious workplace and work is hard enough as it is without underlying atmospheres!! I'd say absolutely milk any time off you can get throughout the pregnancy and maybe speak to your GP about how stressful you're finding the workplace, maybe they'll sign you off with stress and suggest more R&R at home. You can but try!!!

And yes, look forward to all that lovely time off although it's a way off yet!!

Very best of luck with it all :hug:

LLx

Well, they sound like lovely people to work worth. Chin up hun, everyone has a different pregnancy experience. Sounds like they're just being bitchy to me!!!!! I would've thought that they would have been really sympathetic towards you because they're pregnant themselves and can imagine what you've been through.

I hope things get a bit better for you soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back