miscarriage and BFP

nathanmum

Reaction score
how long after a mc would you still be getting BFP? on behalf of friend whos getting scanned tomorrow to find out if mc or pregnant. bleeding and pain so not good but....

First of all,I Truely hope and pray your friend and Baby are OK......It is a very usetting and worrying time when things seem to be wrong....... However if she has lost her baby I am sorry for your friends loss, It is such a hard thing to cope with and a very emotional issue for most of us mum's who have lost an angel, It is great that you care so much that you are here asking questions, well done you and a hug for you too :hug:
Now to answer the question in MY view.... I MMC in oct and i got a BFN 4 weeks later, Everyone is Different and evry MC is different too. For many people they have......for want of a BETTER phrase 'straight forward' MC and their bodies heal quickly, for others it can take many months.....But Really it is how quickly your Body stops producing the pregnancy hormone..(BFP)....So in real terms sweetheart, There is no quick fix time, just have to let nature work her magic. Sometimes the GP can help if it goes on too long, But the Best advise I would give your friend is...Speak to her MW or GP....get the Blood tests.....they are the best for measuring hormone levels.....But most of all....Tell her to give herself time......things will get better :hug: look after you and please keep hope alive as long as you can, Stay strong she will need you no matter what the news, Lv Yvonne xx

thanks for replying the scan showed she did miscarry :( i think theyre gonna keep trying though so hopefully........ she seemed to be coping ok its just sad.

Nathanmum I am sorry for your friends loss best thing is to keep positive her time will come. The way I looked at it after my m/c was that was my trial run. The majority of women miscarry their first baby most don't even realise its happened. I hope she gets lucky soon.

Hi,

with my first miscarriage at (11 weeks) I got a negative test after about a week, but with my second miscarriage (7weeks) it took about 6 weeks for me to get a negative pregnancy test.
With my second miscarriage the midwife and nurse couldn't understand why I was still getting a positive test after 2 weeks, I was really scared incase it was an ectopic pregancy and had a really anxcious few weeks, but luckily every thing settled down eventually.

Gill

I wondered about this as well. I had a miscarriage last wednesday. When I first started bleeding, I did a pregnancy test to see if it showed I was still pregnant. I had theee positive tests, 1 clearblue, 1 reveal and 1 first response, so with those and my symptoms, I was defnitely pregnant. On the day I bled, (just a very light bleed at first) the test showed negative, which sent me into blind panic and i went to see the midwife. by the the bleeding was heavier and I knew for sure I was losing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back