Mirena coil

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
I went and had a xhat with the docs today as I have had 2 scares recently so im no longer going to risk getting pregnant. We went through all contraceptives and the pill and coil seemed the best ones but i prefered the sound of the coil as he said its less hormones in my blood stream and i dont have to worry about taking it everyday like a pill.

Leckershell i know you had a horror story with yours, but has anyone else anything negative to say about it cos if its bad then i will change my mind and go on the pill instead.

Or is it really good?

I think I'm the only one who had it that bad to be honest, others seemed to have good things to say about it.

But for me... :talkhand:

:shock: :rotfl:

im having this dilema too..the coil seems easier but then theres the risk of a foreign body floating around...it can fail etc ......

But im crap at taking pills :(

my friend got preg twice using the mirena coil, and im no good at taking pills, which is why i have implant :hug:

I had a mirena coil for 3 and half years. I had horrendous cramps just after it was inserted, felt like being in labour again. And I felt very faint and had to lie down.
After a couple days though the cramps were gone and it never hurt again, not even at AF time!

I spotted for a couple months, then my periods completely dissappeared and didn't return until it was removed. That was brilliant. I normally have painful one's so I loved not having to suffer every month.

The only side effect was my sex drive disappeared but that didn't happen until it had been in for a couple years.

It was totally painless removing it and I got AF a few days later. I fell pregnant on my 3rd cycle.

I have known of a couple people who got pregnant with one in but it's apparantly very very rare. One girl (a friend of a work colleague) got pregnant with the coil in and it couldn't be removed. She went into labour at 6 months pregnant as a result (luckily the baby made good progress after spending several months in scubu)

I would consider getting one again, for me it had a lot less side effects than the pill and I enjoyed the freedom from AF and not having to think about contraception

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back