mini-pill takers please

trixipaws

Reaction score
i got my preg test reults today- BFN- so i can start taking my mini-pill.
but...

im petrified!
i kno the mini-pill is "progesterone only" and i remember from the one year of human biology a-level i did that progesterone is a steroid hormone, and steroids cause weight gain.

i'v been underweight all my life, i thought i was naturally underweight but it mightve been something to do with my recreational drug use. of course when i found out i was pregnant i quit the drugs, but i guess they mustve affected my weight/appetite and so i gained a lot of weight in pregnancy i shot up to 73kg (11 & a half stones). im down to 54kg (8 & a half stones) now but am still nowhere near my pre-preg weight of about 40kg (6 & a half stones). im not aiming for that but i would like to lose a bit more and atm it is coming off very slowly without having to diet or exercise (probably BFing).

im just frightened of taking a steroid, wont it make me balloon?! im making this poll coz if i find it does cause weight gain im gonna tell my boyf HE gotta go on the pill LOL

thanku :)

I am taking pill for a month and I lost some weight. But i think it is more due to my dieting and excercising. :doh:

I've been on the mini pill on and off for a few years and my weight has pretty much stayed the same. I'm over weight anyway but I gained that weigh before I went on it. It does increase my appetite slightly but nothing major.

My weight stayed the same with the mini-pill. I didnt gain any and only lost weight when I tried!

My weight stayed the same on the mini pill... the only reason I stopped taking them is because I'm crap at taking pills anyway... let alone doing it at the same time everyday... and it was getting risky...

Also I often take prednisolone which is a proper steroid... I find that my weight will go up but only marginally... maybe a kg or two over an extended period of 6 months or so.. steroids have a bad rep where weight gain is concerned... its the roid rage you need to worry about :rotfl: :rotfl:

Also its not so much weight but water retention.... If you alter your diet and take natural remedies to get rid of the excess retained water in your body more effectively you will find that you won't put on excessive weight if any at all... :)

Your alternative is to get pregnant again.... which I will guarantee, will make you put more weight on :lol:

tbh, I gained a little weight when i went on Femodene ED - but when i stopped taking it when ttc, I put on more :oops:

Never noticed any weight gain with Dianette, or Microgynon tho :)

I've been on the mini pill cerazette since I had Tom. I am still carrying baby weight but I haven't gained any more on it.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back