Milton Sterilising Unit

SuziQ

Reaction score
Hello all,

Have been using the Avent Steam Sterliser since Jessica was born, but now have got the Milton unit...
Now, quick question....
1. HOW do I load it?? seems simple, but am using those Dr Brown bottles, with 5 parts to it..Do I just load it, by submerging the bottles and then chuck everything else in it, and then holding them all down with the thingy that comes with it? Or is there some super-easy way that I am overlooking??

2. Things that are in the water, when I change it on the 24hr 'change-over' , do I need to re-wash these?

3. Is it ok to keep the teets in there more-or-less constantly, as on some bottle/teet instructions, it does save to keep teets dry when not in use...

Help please ladies... :think:

Thanks
x

hiya hun hope jessica is being good for you :)
with my unit i chuck everything in seperatly the teats,bottles,lids (although i only sterilise the lids if im going out that day or they just take up needed space), on the change over i just take everything out change the water pop a new tablet in and chuck everything back in and ye i keep the teats in there, ou might find if they are the brown latex teats they go a funny colour almost white, thats completly normal and doesnt effect the way they work :)
xx

nah you don't need to rewash them... you don't actually need to change the solution every 24 hours either... once the item is in there it stays sterilised...but the solution only actively sterilises for 24 hours which means the moment you take anything out or put something in the solution won't kill off the new bacteria. As manda says brown teats tend to go opaque in colour, but they are fine :)... just make sure there are no air bubbles in any of the pieces

I put everything in the steriliser and store it in there until needed. I change the water every day so it's ready for the next set of bottles. x

Thanks ladies...... yes, the Dr brown's teets go a kinda slimey colour.... but this was on the days that my OH cleaned them..........haha

hope everyone is getting on ok

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back