Milk worries!

Tanya4beauty

Reaction score
M is only 7 weeks or so from being 1 (omg!!!) anyway she recently dropped get afternoon bottle and is now showing little interest in her breakfast and bed one!! Yesterday she totalled 5oz!! But she is eating loads, more than ever! I'd this just a normal transition for her age or should I be worried? I've worried constantly about her milk intake and I'm sick of it now!!! I can't force her to have it! Up until about 3 weeks ago she was still having around 20oz, it's just slowly dropped since then. I do have suspicions another tooth is on its way tho so could be down to that! X.

By 10.5 months B had dropped to just his evening bottle of 6oz but he now has a bigger breakfast. She could just be a bit off colour with teething. Is she eating any more solids?

She's eating loads, we can't believe how much she's packing away!! X

Sounds like things are progressing exactly as they should?

I thought when you started weaning bub was still mainly on milk with a little food but gradually this balance shifts (especially between 9-12 months) so they go to mainly food with a little milk?

If in any doubt maybe pop into to see HV?

xxxxxx

All sounds great hun, she's progressing well. Jack only had 5oz at bed time by 10 months and even then he didn't finish it most nights. Just make sure she has plenty of dairy in her diet and she'll be fine :) x

Last edited:
Sounds normal to me! W is nearly 11 months and I'm actually thinking if I didn't offer him a bottle be wouldn't notice!!! He's never been a big milk drinker, I've stopped stressing about it.xxx

Thanks girls you've put my mind at rest! I've just read so many times "food is for fun until they're 1" "milk should be they're main source of nutrition til they're 1" blah blah blah!! She is loving her food so I'm just going with it! :) x

What the others said, hun. Just go with it. T only BFs once a day now and I give her plenty of dairy in her diet and some cows' milk at breakfast and I hope that's enough! Sounds like she's doing brilliantly xxx

Cam is exactly the same. I get 4 oz into him with his porridge or his weetabix but other than that his milk intake really varies. I used to worry about it so much, but i just let him get on with it now. If he wants it he'll take it, if not then he won't. He's bright and active and happy and tucks into his food with gusto so I figure he's doing ok.

XX

Amelie is 9.5 m old and she only has milk (If even) at bedtime...
At the same time she started eating more solids so I am more worried for her liquid intake rather than deficient nutrition.
I was expecting it to happen as she always hated her milk and I honestly believe that once we hit 1 year old she is probably done with any form of milk other than in cooking.

I'd say its normal. Ethan's nearly 10 months and usually totals about 7oz milk a day, but has lots of milk in his food (4oz in cereal, yoghurts etc) so I'm not too worried. He drinks water out of his beaker now but usually only has about 4oz over the course of the day - so not sure he's actually drinking enough?!

Xx

Hi Michelle at last weigh in 3 weeks ago she was 17lb 13oz and had gained 1lb 6oz over 4 weeks so food is doing its job better than milk! This morning she's had 1oz milk!!! I can't get her to eat porridge or weetabix tho so I struggle with dairy intake at breakfast! I text my Hv and she said its normal for them to drop milk at this age. She seems happy and healthy so I guess it's fine! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back