MIL calling baby fat!

joj

Reaction score
My MIL is really starting to annoy me with this!I always make sure we go round there atleast twice a week and everytime the first thing MIL and FIL say is how fat she's getting :x to begin with I thought they just meant cute baby chubby but recently MIL has started telling me I shouldn't still be feeding on demand as that's why Jessie is fat and giving me "helpful" hints on how I can reduce her weight :evil: Jess is big for her age, she was weighed and measured last week and was 2ft 2" and 11lb 1oz, hv was pretty pleased but said that she is slightly under weight for her length. I've tactfully told MIL this and now she's saying the reason she's so long is because we're over feeding her! What's worse is OH is starting to believe her and keeps saying things like "she can't still be hungry"
How do I tell her to shut up without causing a huge row?!

Tell her my baby was that weight when she was born...and tell her come tell me my baby is fat if she dares :evil:

lol sorry...

Just tell her you seen health visitors and they say she's 'spot on' so your not changing anything just yet.

Jessie doesn't look fat in her pic at all she is beautiful!

Your MIL should meet mine!! I had the same thing. Every sentence ended with a tip on how to make her 'less fat' :roll: noone else said she was though.

How does feeding on demand make them long??? She's just going to be a tall girl. Angel is over average in length, but slightly under average in weight. She's just going to be tall like me.
Imagine taking her to be weighed and she lost weight!!!

OMG! That is so insensitive and untrue - babies are not fat!!! :twisted:

Can you tell her that it hurts you when she says it and according to the health professionals, eveything is fine? :hug: :hug:

My MIL is really starting to annoy me with this!I always make sure we go round there atleast twice a week and everytime the first thing MIL and FIL say is how fat she's getting :x to begin with I thought they just meant cute baby chubby but recently MIL has started telling me I shouldn't still be feeding on demand as that's why Jessie is fat and giving me "helpful" hints on how I can reduce her weight :evil: Jess is big for her age, she was weighed and measured last week and was 2ft 2" and 11lb 1oz, hv was pretty pleased but said that she is slightly under weight for her length. I've tactfully told MIL this and now she's saying the reason she's so long is because we're over feeding her! What's worse is OH is starting to believe her and keeps saying things like "she can't still be hungry"
How do I tell her to shut up without causing a huge row?!

Tell her my baby was that weight when she was born...and tell her come tell me my baby is fat if she dares :evil:

lol sorry...

Just tell her you seen health visitors and they say she's 'spot on' so your not changing anything just yet.

Jessie doesn't look fat in her pic at all she is beautiful!

Your MIL should meet mine!! I had the same thing. Every sentence ended with a tip on how to make her 'less fat' :roll: noone else said she was though.

How does feeding on demand make them long??? She's just going to be a tall girl. Angel is over average in length, but slightly under average in weight. She's just going to be tall like me.
Imagine taking her to be weighed and she lost weight!!!

OMG! That is so insensitive and untrue - babies are not fat!!! :twisted:

Can you tell her that it hurts you when she says it and according to the health professionals, eveything is fine? :hug: :hug:

My MIL said that my DS has a fat face and he must get it from my side of the family. Cheeky old crow. :evil:

As LisaJ1986 said....How can feeding on demand make your baby long :?

Next time she says it just say "Well she had to inherit SOMETHING from her grandmother" :wink:

Just ignore her in all seriousness I know its hard but just change the subject or something when she mentions it or just turn round and say my baby is thriving and is perfectly in preportion thank you, you nosey old bint...

Ok maybe I cant talk to MILs with out throwing in the odd curse :lol:

:talkhand: wish my baby was fatter... bony little thing keeps digging into me when i cuddle her! :lol: :lol:

Tell her to bugger off- don't worry about being polite- she's not! :evil:

I am sorry, but even i am mad on your MIL!!!!!

Old bloody bitch! :evil: First of all, babies cant get overfed, because they regulate how much they want themselves (even now when Daniel is older, if he doesnt want the bottle he wont have it or have a tiny bit)

And, the most importain t thing: babies should be chubby. They have to have some fat incase they get an infection! When Daniel was 9 months old, he got the most horrible tummy bug (basiclly he didt ate ANYTHING in 48 hours, and was constantly vomiting for a week and had diarreah for 2 weeks). Anyways, after that illness he came out like a skeleton. I could see all his ribs! And he was just about normal weight before. I wish he was chubbier before.

And another thing, when babies get mobile (crawling, walking etc) they tend to loose some weight too. Because suddenly they loose calories being on the same food amount as before being mobile.

So, darling, dont take what you MIL says!

There isnt such a thing as a "FAT" baby!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
I've had cuddles with Jessica and she is definately not fat! She is a cute little thing! She looks perfect to me Jo! Ignore your MIL :) xxxx

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
stupid stupid stupid women

let me at her :x :x :x :x :x :x

you cant not over feed a breast fed baby my god that a load of b*** s***
Oh i am so angry with this how DARE she say that GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :evil: :evil: :evil: :x
3 weeks ago Collier was weight in at 14lb hes way over that now and hes breast fed James dad said he looks to fat and i should think of slimming him down
I was not impressed with this slim him down bloody nerve my boy is PERFECT 8) 8) 8)
ignored this i know Colliers a wondeful weight and im proud i got him to that stage happy and healthy and you should feel the same
Tell your OH to ignore those THICK comments and listen to you he's a Numpty if he listens dont let him make you feel you should stop giving on demand your baby feeds when needed

Im vertulay kicking you MIL in the ass :x :lol:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

dieting for babies, whatever next :roll: just you keep on demand feeding and tell your MIL to butt out

How rude!! Tell her it's healthy for your LO to be a good weight!! My HV says as long as you feed when they are defo hungary then you can't over feed them. It's obviousley the weight your Lo is meant to be. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you for all your replies :hug: I mentioned it to my hv (I was having a bit of a rant) and it turned out she knows my MIL and she told her yesterday that if anything for her length Jessie is underweight and that my MIL needs to stop saying otherwise as any doubt on our part is going to affect how Jess feeds, MIL phoned up angry with me for mentioning it to HV and my OH told her that she had no right to be as it was her fault and if she had kept her opinion to herself I wouldn't have felt the need to mention it in the first place :D I was so pleased with him, usually he's really scared of upsetting his mum.

Aww, that's good then. It must be hard sticking up for yourself against an in-law, at least your OH helped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back