Bloody people!!!!!

vickib_1984

Reaction score
Why is it someone is always there to knock your confidence all the bloody time!!!!! For example I had James weighed today he weighs 17lb 1oz at 15 weeks today.....::my mil thinks I'm feeding him too much!!!! He has 4 9oz bottles of milk a day and some food as we are weaning early due to reflux.....yet my hv says what he's having is fine.......my mil thinks I should cut his milk intake down because if I dont.....in her words I will make him even fatter!!!!!!! :( he's not fat he's on the 91st centime for length and weight so in proportion why can I never win :(

xxx

It really, really annoys me when people say that babies are overweight or fat! And then people wonder why so many people have eating disorders when they're older?! If they're told from newborn that they're overweight then they'll grow up believing it and have more issues. Sorry that turned into a rant!

If you're HV says he's doing alright then I would believe her over your MIL!

Is ur MIL a health professional . No she isn't if the HV said your LO is doing one don't worry c

I was told a baby can not be over weight untill they turn two. Stuff her hun if thats what he needs then thats what he should get if he was full he wouldnt drink it xx

Ignore her. I find it absurd how people have the cheek to tell you what you should be feeding your baby.
My MIL tired to tell me to cut out one of Cam's bottles, o/h told her to mind her own lol! X

Thank you bloody woman always does it when I told her he had dropped a night feed she said so he should he doesn't need it :shock:!!!! If a baby needs food they cry

xxx

Grrrr forget her and carry on, if the midwife/ HV was concerned they would tell you.....

I don't think a baby can be over weight either! A baby will only eat what it needs. They haven't got the ability like we have to burn it off. Whereas when they're toddlers and running around then they burn it off. Tell her to mind her own x

I read this yesterday but had to r &r just wanted to say that babies can't over eat or get 'fat' and when he's on the move he'll loose it anyway!

As for night feeds, it's not all about the food it's about comfort and checking mummy is there. Babies need to feel secure!

I'd like to see MIL try and cut a baby's milk down I really would

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back