Midwife appt tomorrow! *UPDATE*

nikkix

Reaction score
Got another MW appointment tomorrow coz baby was measuring 2cms too small at my last one so she is seeing me sooner to check again. My bump has really come out the last 2 weeks so im hoping this means he has grown! Im also hoping he might of turned as he was transverse for 8 weeks and now breech for 2 weeks. MW doesnt seem very confident that he will turn so im hoping he proves her wrong!

Wish me luck for tomorrow and I will update you all afterwards to let you know how it goes!

Well had my MW appt today and baby is still measuring 2cms too small but she didnt seem too bothered! He is 28cms now instead of 30cms but has grown 2cms in 2 weeks so its not too bad.

BP was a bit high but she didnt seem worried and she couldnt tell what way he was lying!! Gotta go back in 3 weeks now so im happy :D

:wave: good luck for tomorrow. Baby has lots of time to turn so don't worry about it much hun x

good luck hun hope everything goes ok tomorrow :hug:

Good luck tomorrow........

2cm out is normally not an issue, my bubs was 2 cms too small for a few weeks, it was only when she thought he was 4-5 cms too small that I went for a scan. Just shows how different MW's can be!

Im surprised your MW is concerned already that he wont turn..........most dont even start really checking and focusing on the fetal position until around 34 weeks! I think sometimes they can worry us unnecessarily!!

Im sure everything will be fine, and just think that up until 33 weeks 15% of babies are presenting in a breech position........its after this that the stats drop!!

Im still remaining positive that my bubs will turn soon!! :D

I have to agree with EllieBelle, they all seem to tell us different things. Re: fundal height, my midwife said anything up to 3cms above or below is considered normal and therefore nothing to worry about. I'm sure you'll be back on track now anyway. My sister (she's due a week before me) was measuring small when they first measured her but is now almost spot on.

Do you have a birthing ball? I've heard bouncing can encourage bub to turn if they are being a bit awkward :D

Hope all goes well tomorrow :hug:

Thanks guys you made me feel alot better lol

No I dont have a birthing ball but I might invest in one if he doesnt turn soon

Ill update when I can tomorrow :D MW's do worry us when its not neccessary its not good!

Hi

I'd just enjoy the extra attention your getting and hopefully you'll get to listen to baby again. I too have been seen more often due to being bigger and although it worries me a bit as i'm only 5foot i'm looking forward to my extra scan on tuesday. I've been breech for a while now but they don't seem to be worried at the moment although i keep telling baby it can turn if it wants to now.

Hope you are ok.

Grace xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back