Transverse baby = growth scan

lea554

Reaction score
Hello all,

Had my 31 wk appt with mw yesterday, and apparently my bump hasnt changed since my 28 wk appt! The mw thinks its becuase she is lying transverse, so when she measures from the top to the bottom, the bump isnt actually getting bigger.

I had a 4d scan (thank god!) last week, so I know she is fine, and not measuring too small - mw just thinks its the way she is lying is giving false readings.

However, I am now worried that she is in transverse, and thinking about it, she has been throughout the whole pregnancy! If she is still in that position at my next appt, they will discuss what to do next - but not sure if she can be turned from the transverse position?

So, im off to have a growth scan next week - and I have to travel a bit, as my local hospital is fully booked, and they seemed to want it done quite soon....

Anyone else had this kind of problem?
I think, from reading another thread that most of you ladies are measuring too big!
xxxxx

I haven't had this problem hun, and I'm measuring nearly 2 weeks ahead. I hope she moves soon!!!!

:hugs:

i always measure to small on all of my kids i have done and they always send me for growth scan and all is always ok my next growth scan is a week today then again at 34 weeks

Hey Lea, my baby has been lying transverse all the way through the pregnancy. I have also always measured smaller than my dates. My midwife reassured me not to worry as the baby can turn at any time up until 37 weeks for a first baby. I was booked for a scan at 37 weeks to check position (also because I am planning a home birth). Had another midwife appointment at 33 weeks and lo and behold, baby had turned, was head down and 1/5 engaged. I am still measuring small, but MW says that this is because baby's head is now in my pelvis. Guess I'm trying to say - don't worry!

think they can prob turn a baby thats transverse, as its half way round already....they turned my 1st born from a very awkward breech position. I would think as long as not back to back they'd be able to get a good grip of baby & push it round to head down if ECV was elected.

Thanks guys - ive only just realised that she has been in the same position the whole way through - never mind! At least im not the only one measuring small - and its another scan I suppose :dance:
xxxx

They should just measure you widthways instead of lengthways then, lol. Yes not many of us measuring small here, we're all a bunch of fatties!! Hope she turns naturally hun, she still has a few weeks :) xx

They should just measure you widthways instead of lengthways then, lol. Yes not many of us measuring small here, we're all a bunch of fatties!! Hope she turns naturally hun, she still has a few weeks :) xx

Ha, yes, im still getting fat - just widthways instead of outwards - and I was thinking I could use this an excuse to eat more chocolate! x

Hope the growth scan is reassuring hun I'm sure it will be. Plus I was also told baby can move up to 36 weeks so no need to worry if not in the right position before then. So far I've been transverse (at 25 weeks), oblique (at 28 weeks) and now head down to the right so just shows they can move lots! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back