28 week MW appt measuring small :(

nikkix

Reaction score
Had my 28 week appointment today and finally got the dates for my ante natal classes :D First one is on the 8th Jan Im really excited lol. Everything else was fine, BP was a little higher than usual but nothing to worry about. Urine was fine, babys HB was fine. He has gone from lying transverse to head up which is better coz at least if he doesnt turn on his own they will try and turn him.

Im measuring small though :( Is that a really bad thing? I have always been the right size but now im measuring 26 weeks instead of 28. She made me really worried tho like it was a really bad thing. Gotta go back in 2 weeks for a check up and she asked if I was eating ok and I said I was. Does that mean baby is too small?

Other than that it was a good appt!

Dont worry about the measuring thing they allow you 3cm each way, plus its not an exact science as they measure from different points each time, also it depends on position of bubs etc personally i dont believe in it at all. The midwife didnt even measure me today but put 42 weeks anyway and thats 4cm!!!!!! :hug:

what emmie said, they allow you some roome either way. i wouldn't worry, hun. that'll do you more harm!

Im in exactly the same position, and Im off for a growth scan on Wed as been measuring small now for a few weeks.

Im nearly 33 weeks and measuring 28 weeks.......I was always told that they are not concerned by 2cms either way (larger or smaller), but any more than that then they have to keep a close eye on you, just to check - most people will tell you that the manual way of measuring with a tape measure is so inaccurate, and should be taken with a pinch of salt!

Have a look at the reassurance I received when I posted http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=101367

Im sure everything will be fine :hug:

Don't worry about measurements, fundal height isn't accurate. I always measured a couple of weeks behind and my baby came out fine. Like Charlotte said the worrying will do you more harm :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hey hun, maybe hes just a little one xx

How do they measure? I havent had that yet?

I'm sure your little guy will be fine Nikki! :) I measured 2cm over my dates for the last few weeks of my pregnancy and Tracey predicted Isla was going to be 8lbs 4oz :shock: Lol I was so worried, but when she came out she was 7lbs 7oz which is quite normal, so I shouldn't worry about it really :) I don't think it makes a huge amount of difference, like someone else said it's not an exact science, more a guide :)

Hope you're doing okay though pet! Come visit us soon, I have got an xmas card for you and want to give you one to give to Tracey for me :lol: How sad am I, I miss my midwife, haha!

C xxx

I was also measuring small at my 28 week appointment. Think she said I was measuring 25 weeks. Have my 30 week appt today so will see what the measurements are. She just kept asking me if I smoked, which I don't. By the end of it I thought well I will if you want me to :wall:
After my appt I also got on here and found lots of reasurrance about how inaccurate the fundal measuring is and didn't worry too much. Will see how we go today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back