midwife and consultant lead?

natashateale

Reaction score
A bit more of a pregnancy related thread for me now lol.
I found out on monday that I am both midwife and consultant lead and really understand why. My bmi is 31 and my midwife said that unless it was 35+ I would be midwife lead. So when the other midwife came and told me I was shared I asked why and she said it was because my DD was born at 36weeks??? Is this normal? Anyone had this?

I was consultant led but that was my age. Tbh my community midwife sucked, I had much better care at the hospital x

Sorry can't help. I'm consultant led due to history of epilepsy x

I'm midwife led as far as I know, I've not seen any consultants or my GP, and at a 21 week midwife appointment I had my bmi is now just over 35, whereas before pregnancy it was under... not sure why I'm not seeing consultants if bmi means that as they gave me loads of leaflets to tell me about an overweight pregnancy :?

Last edited:
I am both midwife and consultant led due to a history of eating disorders x

I am low risk and MW led - I also get to have some of my appointments with my GP (as my choosen hospital doesn't currently work out of my Dr's surgery!)

It will be down to the fact DD would be classed as "early" hun, and I wouldn't worry! It may just mean a few extra appointments.

Better to have more care than less hey?

xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back