Mhairi Ann Sarah Fergusson - 13.12.11 Piccys added!

TundraOwl

Reaction score
Hey guys,
first chance I have had to write up our birth story, our little button it a weeks old today and I have enjoyed every magic minute so far, she is changing so fast! Any ways Daddy has taken her out in the car for a wee while to give me some peace :) so I thought I would take this chance to write up our story.

I was booked in to be induced 2 weeks early due to my gestational diabetes and suspected cholostasis. I was really nervous as I was hoping that the induction would work and I would have her fairly quickly. Little did I know how quickly!
We arrived late as the weather was horrendous and there was a big accident on the road to get past so didn't actually get my pessary in until 11am.
When they examined me to put the pessary in my cervix was favourable and I was already getting tightenings every 5 minutes so the midwives were pretty positive about the induction. They said they would leave the pessary in for 24 hours though unless things kicked off. Unfortunately when they examined me the found that madam was back to back, having been in the optimum position for weeks the wee bugger had moved! But they were hopeful that she would move round on her own.

It was about 3:30pm before I started to feel "proper" contractions, they gradually got worse all day until about 8:30pm where they started to get really sore. My MW sent me for a bath which help a little, but unfortunately when I got out of the bath my pessary had fallen out! I was well annoyed as I had pretty much given up on the idea of having her that night.

The MW examined me at about 9pm and found I was 2cm and she was able to break my waters, which was a really weird feeling! There was loads! After this things really kicked off! My contractions got so much worse, the MW was saying it was so painful as she was back to back. I really wanted to avoid morphine etc... but I was really struggling by about 10pm, I was inhaling gas and air like it was going out of fashion but it seemed to take ages to work so my contraction would be gone before it made me feel better!

The MW suggested she gave me a very small dose of morphine to relax me between contractions as I was in alot of pain and tensing up, she thought this may help me relax and allow the baby to turn better. I didn't really want this but said I would try it, I'm so glad I did as it really did help. Not with the pain as it was a tiny dose, but it helped me rest between contractions.

By 10:45pm I was in alot of pain and started to feel an overwhelming need to push, ended up shouting at the midwives that I wanted to push but they wouldnt let me! My MW said she was going for a cup of tea then would come back and examine me as she thought I was about 7cms by this point. I was thinking that I would never be able to get to 10cms as I was so sore! Had a bit of a melt down on hubby, who was amazing through the whole thing!

So anyways the Sister took over after my MW left for her break, I immediately got 2 very strong contractions that hurt so much! She kinda looked at me funny and said she wanted to examine me, which she did then kinda said in a shocked voice "I can see her head!" and all hell broke loose! A student ran off to find my MW and I was finally allowed to push! Which was heaven, this was so much better than I thought it would be.

Was really lucky, only took a few pushes and our little angel was born at 11:29pm on 13.12.11! And only 2 grazes for me :D which I was really pleased about, listen to the MW when pushing! It works!!

Our wee angel has been so good, took to feeding straight away, one of the MW's had to help me settle her that night as I was really wobbly and dizzy, but we went home the next day as her blood sugars were fine and she is absolutely perfect!

Didn't realise I could love something so much! Thank you guys for all the support over the last few months and good luck to all you ladies still waiting for your wee ones. And well done if you made it to the end of this essay!

Last edited:
dscf0641b.jpg

dscf0654e.jpg

dscf0656w.jpg

dscf0647d.jpg

dscf0662ky.jpg

Last edited:
Aww she's beautiful congratulations and has the date I could have had if i was induced on the 12th hehe xxx

aw congrats to you both. she is just beautiful and what a wonderful birth story. enjoy these precious early days xx

aww she is gorgous huni congratulations amazing birth story xx

Can't believe I missed this! Great story and she's beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back