Metformin - Whats your thoughts?

Sophie Johnson

Reaction score
Hi All,

First few months of TTC. 50 tests in the drawer ready to pee on! ha!

Got diagnosed with PCOS a month back. At the time I had a BMI of 29. The consultant recommended Metformin. At the time he said the links to fertility / weight loss were not 100%. It put me off, so much so I decided to get backside moving in and out the bedroom :) (lost about 8lbs since then)

However, I have read so many success stories of people getting the BFP within weeks (days sometimes which has to be too good to be true).

Any thoughts?

Thanks as ever
Soph
xx

I have pcos and was put on metfomin. I actually got my bfp the week I started taking the metformin, but I think I ovulated naturally rather than from the metformin, because I had ovarian drilling a few month's before.
I have also heard great things about it and my consultant also had great faith in it.
Well done on the weightloss by the way xx

Thanks so much - only another two stone to go! Stop smoking and gain 2.5 stones - easy peasy!

I have the letter from the consultant where he explains he offered it to me and that i declined. (never a fan of popping pills unless needed) Hoping that will be enough for the doc to sign on the line tomorrow and I can skip to the pharmacy.

Think I am ovulating now (she says sticking her finger in the air to check the wind!), signs not as strong as normal. Although a normal cycle is but a dream! :)

Wishing you a continued happy and healthy pregnancy. Best Christmas present ever coming your way. (like you dont already know!)

Soph
xx

Aw thanks :lol:
Do you have opk's that will help you to detect your surge in hormones? They really helped me x

I have a Clear Blue Fertility Monitor to start on day one of next cycle.
As of yet I havent used it yet as Hubby has only just recovered from his reversal so I think the wiggles are still leaving the starting blocks)
It says it works for 28-45 day cycles. I think mine are about 49 days so will still give it a go. The little bit of weight loss might start to reduce them a bit too.
Tried the Angus Cactus once, it worked to bring on AF wuthin days but didn't help with any counting days and AF was SO heavy
Soph xx

Well it's good that you are getting cycles of sorts, so you have something to work with at least. I tried everything going but no period for nearly a year, that's why they had to do the drilling, it was a last resort and then I had about a 4 month window to conceive or it'd start over again :roll: our bodies like to put us through it don't they? But there is always hope and i bet you get your bfp soon :good: x

I just did a bit of forum research on it too - just read your post where you said your imaginary baby would be due on Christmas Day! How right were you!?
That must have been just before you got your BFP. Bought lots of smiles. :D

I'll pop back tomorrow morning and update in whether the doctor gave me the magic prescription. Fingers Crossed.
Soph
xx

Got the golden ticket - start as soon as finished breakfast.

*happy feet*

Soph
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER