Met my Health Visitor today

Jaidy

Reaction score
She is really nice!!!!!

She weighed Zac and he has put on 5oz in 4 days :shock:

She said this is perfectly normal though as he is spot on his 'gaining weight' chart thing, so im really pleased.

He has not grown much length wise though only 1cm, is this ok?

I discussed upping his feed amount with her too and she said that if he is draining a 4oz bottle no prob (which he is) and thinks he will take 5oz then give him 5oz which is what I am now going to do! He was having 5oz at last and first feed of the day, but the other feeds when he was having 4oz he would only settle for a couple of hours and be hungry again so we will see how we go topping it up by an ounce each feed.

I also had to fill in a post natal depression questionnaire, dunno how I have done though she didnt say!

thats good hun...i hate my hv! i never had to do one of those questionaaire thingys :roll:

a post natel questionnnaire! never heard of that

what were the questions jaidy?

Hi Jaidy glad he is doing well!

I had one of those questionaires, i never got the results either, Must be a good sign!

Budge, the questiionaire has so many questions, it asks you how you feel in your self etc! It has so many answers and you have to mark down A,B,C or D!

It's a bit silly really because you could easily lie and say your feeling ok when really your not, i dont see the point in it!

Excellent Jade, always makes things easier when you egt a nice HV instead of an old witch! Mines is really nice too thankfuly!

I've to fill out the postnatal depression questionaire when she does her 6 week check on Sophie for some reason.

Vicki83 said:
Excellent Jade, always makes things easier when you egt a nice HV instead of an old witch! Mines is really nice too thankfuly!

I've to fill out the postnatal depression questionaire when she does her 6 week check on Sophie for some reason.

I think these things all vary from region to region!

They are monitoring me closely though as I have a history of depression and I have to fill one out every few weeks apparantly.

But like Kelly says, they are a tad pointless cos you could easily lie if you wanted to and I know some women that have been depressed have had trouble 'admitting' it so a questionnaire does not really help that!!

I think im doing ok, sometimes I feel sad and full of worry but thats normal post natal feelings im sure.

Yeah i think so Jade, i'm the same i have my good days and my bad days. I'll start worrying when the bad days outnumber the good days i think.

Vicki83 said:
Yeah i think so Jade, i'm the same i have my good days and my bad days. I'll start worrying when the bad days outnumber the good days i think.

Thats a good way to look at it actually Vicki. Being a mum is hard work isnt it, and it does take it toll but like you say its when it gets to be more bad times than good that I think we should worry

Oh god yes it's hard work but i love being a mummy, can't imagine my life without her now to be honest!

But like Kelly says, they are a tad pointless cos you could easily lie if you wanted to and I know some women that have been depressed have had trouble 'admitting' it so a questionnaire does not really help that!!

That is so right, i suffered postnatal depression with Brooke, but it wasn't dianosed untill she was nearly a year old! It was my mum that said she thought that i had it! I wouldn't admit it tho!

At the time i was struggling with brooke because she wouldn't sleep at night she used to cry for hours, then i had college everyday, i just became very run down and everything got on top of me!

But i got it sorted and everything turned out fine :D

i think they are silly too... I had pmt last time i answered on and she was asking me loads of questions about my answers!! I HAVE PMT LOVE THATS ALL!! hehe

Glad you like your HV.... wish i could change mine xxxxx

Jaidy, that was a good amount of weight he put on :D

I did one of those questionnaires and got 22 which the HV was very worried about

glad you got on well with yours.
I hate mine she is like a wet lettuce!
Told her to go away in the end as she thought there might be domsetic violence in our repltionship :rotfl: :rotfl: god knows where she got that from, probabkt coz we were pee'd off with the care ewan and myself receieved!!

Never had a questionainre

bless! sounds like you are doing great.

when i filled in the PND form, she gave me my results back right after (i scored a borederline score). they have to comeback in 3 weeks time and see how i am feeling.

My HV is lovely as well :hug: im worried becuase i want to change docs, but im scared they will make me change HV as well :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back